Quantcast

Sunday. Is it Funday?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
It's midnight. I decided to stay up and watch Fury. That movie is kinda awesome.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
cable dude is here trying to determine why our service has been so spotty recently.

coffee. looks like a running around doing errands kind of day. le meh.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Should have been to a wedding yesterday but we all got sick including frequent trips to the bathroom. This visit to NYC confirms the decision to move. Will be interesting to see how Florida will feel this time. Looking forward to some nice weather down there.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Skied off pass at Vail yesterday as an undergrad buddy was there for the weekend. Concert today.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Both kids slept through the night. And they also both slept until 8. That's a good start to the day. It's all downhill from here though.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Helped my bro move into his first house yesterday. My body feels it. Oh well, was good to save my dad from having to try and do it instead, he’s too old at this point to be doing such things.

Last edited:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Drove to LAX from Woodland Hills and dropped my sister and her husband off for their trip to Mexico. I get a call just as I leave the airport roads, guess who forgot their Passports? 20 minutes at 80mph and I grab the passports from the house and rip on back to LAX. Glad I took the Mercedes instead of the truck. Airport traffic was hell. They still missed the boarding cut off for their 9:30 flight to Puerto Vallarta but luckily there were 3 seats left of the 11am flight and so they will get in with only a 1.5 hour delay. I burned through a 1/4 tank of fuel with that nonsense.

Eats then get the bike stuff together and go ride for a few hours :cheers:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
So for you bike people that know anything about road bikes (I do not), I've put nearly 10,000 miles on my tri bike the past 2.5 years and it is still all original drivetrain...chain, cassette, front rings, etc. How often does that shit need replacing? It's sounding a little crunchy. It's going to the shop in a few weeks.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
So for you bike people that know anything about road bikes (I do not), I've put nearly 10,000 miles on my tri bike the past 2.5 years and it is still all original drivetrain...chain, cassette, front rings, etc. How often does that shit need replacing? It's sounding a little crunchy. It's going to the shop in a few weeks.

Crunchy like TN or crunchy like jimmydean's corvette?

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
I bought a kick ass $170 puffy winter skirt for wifey for hanukkah. Damn kiddo accidentally slid it out of the car when he got out his hockey bag at practice...she hadn't even worn it yet.
Grumble

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
I predict that you will have to get new chainrings, chain, cassette, and truck nutz.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
I gave it to her, it fell out of the car, never to be seen again.

Still had the tags on it. It is a women's XS, can't imagine there are too many 'Mericans it will fit...

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Took the M out for a drive today. Apparently Haley had left a rear light on, very effectively killing the battery. I've had it on a trickle for 2 weeks and it wouldn't turn over this morning. I ended up having it on the Subaru for 45min to get enough charge into the battery to start it. Once it started, I got a nice 1hr cruise in charging the battery completely. I need to make sure I'm driving it more...

Wifey looks like I beat her because of her surgery. Face is swollen and has a black eye; her lip is black and blue inside of her mouth. Generally she's hating life right now

Took the M out for a drive today. Apparently Haley had left a rear light on, very effectively killing the battery. I've had it on a trickle for 2 weeks and it wouldn't turn over this morning. I ended up having it on the Subaru for 45min to get enough charge into the battery to start it. Once it started, I got a nice 1hr cruise in charging the battery completely. I need to make sure I'm driving it more...

Wifey looks like I beat her because of her surgery. Face is swollen and has a black eye; her lip is black and blue inside of her mouth. Generally she's hating life right now
I presume that you realize that the battery is now damaged...

@Bunnista headed to the watershed to ride this afternoon, the good old boys had cut the lock and chain on the maintenance/emergency gate and removed half the chain. Diverted, got padlocks, a length of 3/8" galvanized chain, various tools and instruments of destruction, re-secured the gate, and went for a shortened ride, getting spit on by rain/sleet in the latter portion.

A decent adventure...

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
today was a decent day. Got my shifting sorted out on my fat bike (SRAM is way more dependant on proper set up than Shimano), and then went for a good solo ride. I thought it would be icy given the rain on Friday, and though it was slick in spots, overall it was really good.
explored the trail that goes around this lake:

normally it's a summer-only trail (because stairs), but it was 90% rideable. Makes for a good loop.

Then I raced home and got my DH ski gear ready and took the boy out to take advantage of our season's passes.

Now off to a neighbourhood Christmas party. It's always packed, but a fun time.