Quantcast

Sunday Jump PICS and one from the US Open

MOTODH

Turbo Monkey
Mar 28, 2005
CT
I built a jump line in my yard today, so far I have the pictured jump and a berm then a hip (not pictured). Anyhow I got a few decent pics but for some reason my camera kept taking really blurry shots:help: . Anyhoo I also included a pic from the US open to keep the racerboi content of this post alive.

Enjoy

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
ok hey, I remember seeing you at the Open. I was in the grey truck right next to you guys blasting Outcast songs. You have a nice doggy. :)

MOTODH

Turbo Monkey
Mar 28, 2005
CT
motomike said:
ok hey, I remember seeing you at the Open. I was in the grey truck right next to you guys blasting Outcast songs. You have a nice doggy. :)

Yah my dog was very popular at the races for sure. I thought I saw you then I saw your jersey said Thomas, it was not till I saw the results that I realized the moto "mike" was from you last name. Do you ride moto?

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
I ride some, but I don't race anymore. I sold my bike for a DH bike- something that I can afford to ride(well, sorta). I just borrow other people's mx bikes now...

edit: oh, back on topic, nice pics. :)

MOTODH

Turbo Monkey
Mar 28, 2005
CT
motomike said:
I sold my bike for a DH bike- something that I can afford to ride(well, sorta).

It seems like top of the line DH bikes are almost as expensive as Moto-x Race bikes, and they don't have an engine:confused: :nopity:

habitatxskate

blah blah blah
Mar 22, 2005
those are some nice pictures, thanks for sharing

i think i can help with the blurry photo thing..i'm guesing you have a digital, but it could be an SLR

Digital- Digitals don't have the greatest response time, so you have to focus it. Most cameras have a focus button, all you have to do is press the button half way down. Then just click it when you are in the air, and pan with it. Follow the riders from before they hit the jump, while they are in the air (TAKE THE PHOTO THEN..DUH) along with when they land. It is super easy once you get the hang of it. If you get it right it can sometimes keep you in focus and blur the background out. It makes a super nice effect.

SLR- It is the same idea. I'll make a whole topic about it later