Quantcast

sunday morning get the fvck up thread

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Had 3 beers and I feel the dehydration. With the cold weather and tons of heat pumping out the apartment get really dry. We have three humidifiers running all the time. I would still rather have it this way then all the moisture in Denmark.

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
Morning monkeys!

Got a bike fit yesterday. Handlebars were too narrow, and the stem was too short. Now maybe I won't get neck pain on the road bike. Still might have to look for a new carbon road bike. :brows:

Be safe out there.

Ride Monzie

Monkey
Jan 4, 2013
Killafornia
G'mornin' Monkeys.

Went out to a club last night for a friend's birthday. Despite the fact that the club was definitely not my normal scene I had a blast. I'm showered, shaved and feeling great.

Woke up this morning at 8:15 even though I didn't go to sleep until 3:00. Walked up to the coffee shop have had my bagel and am now Leisurely finishing my coffee. The barista girl who makes eyes at me and I her is working and I halfway feel like asking her to dinner. It's amazing the amount of confidence a shower, shave and nice clothes impart on a person.

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Mariko Isabella Clark, born at 6:54 AM

Indeedy. Gut-wrenching experience. I lost it during the actual, horribly traumatic, bloody vacuum delivery, and then was incredibly relieved and happy when I heard her first cry. Her mother flew in from Seattle overnight as soon as she heard word that she was in labor, so they're chilling together right now as I clean up this and that around the house.

Jessica (wife) will hang out in the hospital through tomorrow night or Tuesday morning, and Mariko (infant) will be in the neonatal ICU until the pediatricians deem her fit to go home, which could be Wednesday at the earliest or weeks at the latest.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
It was going to be a midwife water birth delivery according to Jessica's wishes. Turned out none of that came to pass: The midwife passed the baton to the obstetricians when it became evident (after about 20 hours, heh) that Mariko wasn't going to enter the world without some assistance, and water birthing was out of the question once she got gestational diabetes over a month ago.

I spent all my efforts on keeping Jessica calm as the ob folks bust out their vacuum (while the C section tray was open and ready in case things went sour…).

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
is the humidity in denmark any different than that of norway...

Depends on where you are in Norway. Rains all the time in Denmark.

And a BIG congratulations to the Doctor and family. 20 hours and your wife still looks great. I still remember our first one and the first days we with him it was a special and wonder full time. Flash forward to today when I was cursing up the hallway after my son had taken my cell phone, ran with it in one hand only to fall and crash into the wall I had just finish painting with the phone leaving a big a nice mark on the wall and a dent in my phone. Ohh the joy of parenthood :)

Last edited: