Quantcast

Sunday no funday

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Holy crap the weather here sucks. It might be time for tacos and beer.
I refuse to turn the heating on in June, but it's going to be close if we don't get some sunshine soon. It hasn't been above 50 for a few days and it's 64 freedums in here...

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Rode with a colleague from work at a new-to-him trail. Funny enough, he grew up in a house next to the forest where the trail is located in and had played all the time in the woods during his youth. Hadn't been in there for the best of 20 years he said.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Holy crap the weather here sucks. It might be time for tacos and beer.
I refuse to turn the heating on in June, but it's going to be close if we don't get some sunshine soon. It hasn't been above 50 for a few days and it's 64 freedums in here...
Our house in Kansas is also not warm. But fuck turning on the furnace in June.
I switched us back from AC to heat last night

meanwhile Watz has no doubt neither heated nor cooled his house since March

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
:wave: been cool and grey here all day. couldn't motivate to get up and ride. did some yardwork. did some sitting around. took kiddo to gym. drinking a beer on the porch. thinking about dinner. prepping and picking stuff up downstairs as they are coming to finally begin replacing our floors tomorrow.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
It's been about that long here too. First phase water restrictions are already in effect.
We've got 6" deep standing water in the ditches along side the roads in our hood. The only time you ever get any water is during the snow melt after some hot days.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Autocross Sunday. Not great, wasn't very fast, but didn't hit any cones either in 8 runs.

Got the Saturday Gravel Grinder results back. 11th overall...on a freaking fatbike. 6 min off the top pace and about 7 of those riders were only a second apart. Gotta be a mind-f*ck when someone rolls in 6 min later on a freaking fatbike, not last, not mid-pack, but f*cking right behind you. We got split off the front peloton when we had to wait for a bear to clear a long boardwalk over a swamp...we were seriously all lined up on the boardwalk with the bear about 50 feet ahead. I'm not sure what the hell the guy in front woulda done if the bear charged, but I have to imagine it would have been a fight to push each other off the boardwalk and into the swamp. But from there 3 of us grouped together and stayed together the rest of the 30 miles or so and just worked it.

The next one is the only other one I do, it's pretty cool because the course is even more gnar (for gravel) with much looser stuff, steeper hills (they have to push, I just keep going), rutted pothole dirt roads, etc.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Got a flat out in the middle of nowhere. Bacon stripped it, that let loose a good ten yards later. Put a tube in it, had a leak. Tried to patch the tire, pump broke. Despite the parking lot being an absolute zoo, didn't see a single person until I was damn near back to the car so got in a short ride and a long walk today.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I got the MB3 repaired and painted. I celebrated a little. I finally got to utilize the XT 8 speed shifter I have been holding on to for 14 years. Dart and Smoke have been reinstalled. Flat bar also. XT thumb Shifter has finally been takin out of service. XT parallax hub still going strong! Its a great bike. I love it. I put the wheels in the stand. Spot on. DX derailleur is 19 years old. They still make coolstop brake pads. They still come with that plastic clip to properly tow them in.

Last edited:

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Well then, the major plant and boulder removal and trimming on my side yard it officially done. Now to buy a rototiller and figure out what I’m planting

But first, ibuprofen and mezcal. For anybody wondering, rocks are heavy.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Got a flat out in the middle of nowhere. Bacon stripped it, that let loose a good ten yards later. Put a tube in it, had a leak. Tried to patch the tire, pump broke. Despite the parking lot being an absolute zoo, didn't see a single person until I was damn near back to the car so got in a short ride and a long walk today.
I feel you, I am kind of having a year like that. :happydance: