Quantcast

sunday rear triangle

kyle_nelson

Monkey
Jul 1, 2008
vernon< NJJJJJ
i thought i just needed bearings but when i looked more closely, my triangle is bent. so even if i get new bearings they will just shread. does anybody happen to have an extra one laying around? i figured its worth a shot, a guy i didnt know said he had one and then ran off. so if your on here pm me please. if somebody here will be at diablo i will pay cash for it. depending on the color and condition 175-250. thank you

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Kyle - this is the former "Sunday Guy" you spoke with at Diablo yesterday. I'm the guy you're friends said you should talk to. :)

If this is you, and if I remember correctly - your seat-stay bearing where the back of the upper rocker-link connects to the rear end looks shot. I think that all you have to do is tap out that bearing and then press in a new one with a C-Clamp ($12 at the local hardware store).

Given the amount of play that you had, if the rear triangle was tweaked (bent) the screw should still be able to thread through the back of the rocker link.

I am not affiliated with Iron Horse and haven't worked with them since June of last year but I want to help you out if I can. I was a bit busy doing some EVIL test riding that day so I didn't have a lot of time - my apologies.

If you can send me some pics here at RM in a Private Message hopefully we can get this fixed in a timely manner and at the lowest possible cost.

Cheers!

Last edited:

kyle_nelson

Monkey
Jul 1, 2008
vernon< NJJJJJ
that sounds awesome, i need to install my camera's software tonight after work and i'll send you those pictures tonight or tomorow, im pretty sure i even have a bearing that will fit from my old frame. the total diameter and diameter of the inner opening are the same, so i will try that. is there supposed to be a c clip in there normally?

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
that sounds awesome, i need to install my camera's software tonight after work and i'll send you those pictures tonight or tomorow, im pretty sure i even have a bearing that will fit from my old frame. the total diameter and diameter of the inner opening are the same, so i will try that. is there supposed to be a c clip in there normally?
i was the guy on the evil with SKC when you were having issues.... read the number off the side of the bearing (usually 5 numbers). as long as the numbers are the same you are good to go.

there is no c-clip in there, or any other bearing on your frame for that matter.