Quantcast

Sunday Rides?

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Wanted to ride with Skookum but have a BBQ to attend saurday afternoon. Im thinking trail ride in cap on Sunday instead.. Green Line #6? Anyone down for some mud? Just leave the antler hat at home, i think its hunting season.....

Any other rides happening sunday?

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
I am putting on a club ride (motorcycle club) at Walker Valley. It has some BIG climbs and descents. About a 20-25 mile loop of road and trail.

This sunday at Walker Valley. Follow the orange ribbon in.

I will have maps available and there is beer and pop on hand. Did a pre-ride last Sunday and it was dusty in spots on the logging roads. :D Little more moisture in the trails.

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
I'm actually thinking of heading down to Lake Sawyer since I have not been there yet this year on the no-repeat season. Negotiating with the boss on what time I have to be home for a meal with the in-laws though. So, it may be an early start. Will post if I go.

ioscope

Turbo Monkey
Jul 3, 2004
Vashon, WA
I'll ride with you wherever, 'cos I have transport now. In fact, I have many choices for transport!

GSD
Fury
Taurus
GOLF CART
Unicycle

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Skookum said:
Wow i posted the Cooper ride and in one day it filled up! D you still comin? it'll almost be as good as Cinammon Life.
Skook, I'm not ready for any real trails yet, but could you give directions to this Cooper ride you speak of? We go over to Roslyn often to visit family :)

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Snacks said:
Skook, I'm not ready for any real trails yet, but could you give directions to this Cooper ride you speak of? We go over to Roslyn often to visit family :)
Yah sure it's over the river and thru the woods..... :evil:

Just go past Roslyn on that road all the way to the end. The road forks take the left over a little bridge. At the four way (near Salmon La Sac C.G.to the left), go straight up the road, it eventually lollipops, turn out to your left about a half mile or so, it's a parking lot for 3 trailheads. The one to the left (by the river of course) is Cooper River. After 3 miles or so Pete Lake starts across a forest road, it's goes past Cooper Lake and beyond, but then ends at Wilderness for mt. bikes.

How many more weeks til you can ride for real?

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Skookum said:
How many more weeks til you can ride for real?
Eh, maybe the middle of November, I'm going to hit Ed's on Sunday :monkey:and see how it feels. I have to go in for an MRI next week on my shoulder. They think I torn something back when I broke my clavical :rolleyes:

evilbob

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Everett, Wa
Snacks said:
Eh, maybe the middle of November, I'm going to hit Ed's on Sunday :monkey:and see how it feels. I have to go in for an MRI next week on my shoulder. They think I torn something back when I broke my clavical :rolleyes:
Ha way to go Bubble Girl :love: :evil:

evilbob

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Everett, Wa
Skookum said:
Wow i posted the Cooper ride and in one day it filled up! D you still comin? it'll almost be as good as Cinammon Life.
Yep filled up quick thanks for making more room Skookum. I haven't been on a Skookie ride in awhile but I am goin on this one. :cool:

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
evilbob said:
Yep filled up quick thanks for making more room Skookum. I haven't been on a Skookie ride in awhile but I am goin on this one. :cool:
You all suck! :eviltongu I mean how hard could this trail really be?

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Cool i really don't mind having alot of people for a short trail ride like this one. Should be fun. This trail is really a little gem it'll be fun.

Meeting at 9:15ish at North Bend Safeway near the Washington Mutual for carpooling and convoy action. Trail is pretty easy to find though...

i wonder if i'll be doing Paris Creek solo, that's a dandy of a trail ride, but ALOT of climbing to get to the goods.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
I'm out. I have 'strongly' adviced not to ride...aka my bike is being held hostage. I'll be tooling around St. Ed's instead.

Have fun dudes, and please take lots of pictures :)

evilbob

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Everett, Wa
Snacks said:
I'm out. I have 'strongly' adviced not to ride...aka my bike is being held hostage. I'll be tooling around St. Ed's instead.

Have fun dudes, and please take lots of pictures :)
Better to safe at this point.

TtotheJ

Monkey
Jan 23, 2005
B'ham, WA
Skookum, you still riding Paris Creek on Sunday? If so I might be interested in coming along, it sounds just like my kind of ride.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Snacks said:
You all suck! :eviltongu I mean how hard could this trail really be?
It ended up being alot harder than i thought. Lots of nasty rock/root, lots of potential to go down....

Also, since it was an out and back I got alot more tired than a normal fire rode climb to singletrack..

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
oly said:
It ended up being alot harder than i thought. Lots of nasty rock/root, lots of potential to go down....

Also, since it was an out and back I got alot more tired than a normal fire rode climb to singletrack..
Ya, I talked to Bob last night. He said it was tiring, but nice and techy :heart: Oh well, I settled for a muddy ride at Ed's today instead.

D, keep your calendar open for two weeks from yesterday :redX:

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
oly said:

Compared to the other trails out there it's super smooth and easy haha!

Today me and TtotheJ rode up the hill from there. Climbed to a secret trail that really wasn't worth the time and effort, but got to descend the other secret trail that is of the utmost worthiness.

i'm gonna post 3 pics in the lounge under "boop".