Quantcast

***sunday, Sunday, SUNDAY!!! gmt***

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Nice November weather here. Just kidding, it's been awful. Hopefully trails will get a little drier before I ride this afternoon.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
two trips to lowes later...new kitchen faucet installed. nut holding the old one on was two big/inaccessible for basin wrench but shower faucet nut removal thing did the trick.

now onto celebratory lunch beer(s)? and yardwork...

Dirtrider

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
Super frickin windy last night. Had part of a tree in the front yard come down and land on neighbors 2 month old Chevy High Country pickup. Destroyed hood and a-piller. Front passenger quarter panel looks like a bear was marking his territory. So, Ride is off and cleaning up tree. FTS

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Went to visit the mother in law with the family and hooked up with the local mtb club and did a really fun gravel/mtb ride were ranging from road and gravel to overgrown roads that had not seen much use for years. The others were on mtb and I did it on the gravel bike. Super nice crowd and always a please to go ride with new people.

Went to the new Lego House which was fun. We could have spent a lot more time there and didn't even get to build much.

Volvo is the best car I have had ever. It more or less drove by itself all the way home. Especially close traffic its really brilliant and it did not feel like a 3 hour drive.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Got a good run of entertainment from Civ on the phone but the obession has now been satisfied.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
After some more shredding on the new trails, I'm off to see The Book of Mormon.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Especially close traffic its really brilliant and it did not feel like a 3 hour drive.
¿qué? - Can you explain further?

I survived my 8 y.o.'s birthday. Chocolate waffles in the morning. escape room with 9 of his buddies at lunch. a little quiet time building the lego sets he was given in the afternoon, and dinner at the indian restaurant (his choice). he and his brother are still not quite ready for fancy restaurants, but in his defense, he was tired and coming off a sugar and post-birthday rush. I still think it would have been better to do the aerial park at the local ski hill, but weather is hard to predict in these parts at this time of year...

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
¿qué? - Can you explain further?
I keeps the distance, it breaks, it steers and it even does this keeping an eye on traffic in front and behind the car so I just help it focus on what goes on around the car. It can even start again if there is a full stop. Just not having to speed up and break all the time in close traffic make a huge difference. This car just does much more relaxed than the previous 1st gen adaptive cruise I had on the previous car.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I keeps the distance, it breaks, it steers and it even does this keeping an eye on traffic in front and behind the car so I just help it focus on what goes on around the car. It can even start again if there is a full stop. Just not having to speed up and break all the time in close traffic make a huge difference. This car just does much more relaxed than the previous 1st gen adaptive cruise I had on the previous car.
Interesting. I imagine it has to be automatic for all this to happen?

I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing from an emissions perspective. Making it easier and less stressful for people to be in their cars seems like it would encourage people to be in their cars instead of on a bike/walking/on a bus... on the other hand, it could make traffic more fluid, and so less emitting?

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Interesting. I imagine it has to be automatic for all this to happen?

I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing from an emissions perspective. Making it easier and less stressful for people to be in their cars seems like it would encourage people to be in their cars instead of on a bike/walking/on a bus... on the other hand, it could make traffic more fluid, and so less emitting?
Yes, with a manual it would not work.

Personally it help me drive the speed limit which help fuel economy and it helps driving less stop and go which should help too.

It does not help me drive less that is for sure.