Quantcast

Sunday Sunday SUNDAY!

WARider

Monkey
May 21, 2003
Always wanted to say that in the best announcer voice possible... :stupid:

Actually, just got my ride put together and rode out at Victor yesterday to break her in a bit and loosen up some bolts. I'm looking at going out to ride something decent with a long deee-cent but my one friend is going to a family reunion and the other is camping. Anyone riding tomorrow(Sunday the 1st)? I was thinking something shuttleable like Rat pac. I'd be coming from Puyallup area so anything under a 2 hour drive would be choice.

I've heard good things about Crystal Mtn., Ranger creek, SunTop area but I'm by no means in that kind of shape to pedal up, but if someone wants to do some-hike-a-bikin' I'm down.

Isn't Sun Top shuttleable? I've heards its all down hill to skookum flats from the top? Would it be worth it on a 39 lb freeride bike?

I'm also down for hiking snoqualmie pass as I've ridden the chairlift there when they used to run it and some of those trails were killer! Short, but sweet!

Let a me know if you want to hook up and ride. I'm a pretty chill guy, not a big 27 fanatic but I don't mind it, Whistler would be my ultimate style of riding if I were to describe what I like so if you want to hook up, drop a note.

L8r
Josh

WARider

Monkey
May 21, 2003
sheeeeeeeet.... gues that's what happens when you don't work for a month, I forgot, tomorrows saturday...

Anyhow, just looking for some ride parties going on, preferably DH rides :evil:

BTW: would this be suitable for Suntop? I'm running a two ring bash setup now.

Attachments

Langer

Monkey
Mar 27, 2004
Hiding
Nice bike. A couple of friends and I are going to 27 around 10:00am Sat. PM me if you are interested.

Chris

WARider

Monkey
May 21, 2003
Langer said:
Nice bike. A couple of friends and I are going to 34 around 10:00am Sat. PM me if you are interested.

Chris
Thanks for the invite Chris! I think I'm going to go punish myself and hike Crystal or Snoqualmie pass today, I could use the excersize and the views are breath taking this time of year. Looking to do a long decend, 38 is tight though, thanks again.

Josh

Langer

Monkey
Mar 27, 2004
Hiding
I ride tiger here and there and it sounds similiar to what your going to be riding, next time I go I'll give you shout out.

Have fun
Chris

WARider

Monkey
May 21, 2003
Langer said:
I ride tiger here and there and it sounds similiar to what your going to be riding, next time I go I'll give you shout out.

Have fun
Chris
Chris,

We mainly ride Seatac during the week with some Tiger Mtn. for excersize but we ride alot of 27 and I've ridden once at 38, but we got lost on a jeep road trying to find one of the trails which sucked, had to drive along ways before we could turn around in my big ole' truck. I'm in search at the moment for some long decents even if I have to lug my fat @ss up a fire road for awhile. My other friends only like to shuttle or go to Whistler so here I am looking for some other riders who search for that epic stuff that's closer to home rather than the 5 hour trip to Whistler. Any suggestions? I've heard the Pass is good, Crystals supposed to be good, and someone said you can shuttle Sun Top? I really like 38 but it's short. BTW, I just noticed you said 34, is that different from 38?

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Next friday we are doing a later tiger ride. Up the fire road, then down the trail. Also there were plans for the shor saturday, but i might miss out. I have to pick my wife and kid up at the airport.... i thought that was sunday. Im still waiting to find out if we can get someone else to pick her up....

evilbob

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Everett, Wa
oly said:
Next friday we are doing a later tiger ride. Up the fire road, then down the trail.
Hhhhmmmmmm you taking the new ride? I might need to go, just remember I am not a bike rack :think: and I will try not to center punch that little stump and slow us down. :rolleyes: Unless you wish to lead down preston :think: :think: hehehe just watch the lines to your right and left in the roots :sneaky: :evil:

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
evilbob said:
Hhhhmmmmmm you taking the new ride? I might need to go, just remember I am not a bike rack :think: and I will try not to center punch that little stump and slow us down. :rolleyes: Unless you wish to lead down preston :think: :think: hehehe just watch the lines to your right and left in the roots :sneaky: :evil:
It would be cool if ya could go. I might be later than last time... ill probably get release from work around 2:00 then i have to catch a ferrry..... but i really do wanna go.......

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
oly said:
It would be cool if ya could go. I might be later than last time... ill probably get release from work around 2:00 then i have to catch a ferrry..... but i really do wanna go.......
Ya, you should come out EB. Oly and I are doing the maiden Tiger ride on our new trail bikes. Kevin's even makin' it out for this ride.

Minneattle

Chimp
Jul 22, 2004
Seattle-First Hill
Sun Top is the best descent Ive ever ridden. Just so you know, the road leading up to suntop is an 8 mile climb. From there, you take a trail about 1 mile up. I mostly pushed my Stinky Primo. The descent was fast and smooth-excellent, tight switchbacks.

evilbob

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Everett, Wa
Snacks said:
Ya, you should come out EB. Oly and I are doing the maiden Tiger ride on our new trail bikes. Kevin's even makin' it out for this ride.
If Kevin's comming out for an XC ride I'm going then. :D

moondog

Chimp
Aug 8, 2002
Ballard, WA
Hey WARider, I'd be interested in heading up to 38 Sunday if you don't have plans already. I've been up there a few times and know a handful of trails. I really like the riding out there (big props to the builders). I'll PM my number. I've been slowly breaking in my dirtbag and I'm liking it. I need to tune the fork a bit though.

crash13

Chimp
Dec 19, 2003
Lake Stevens, WA
Minneattle said:
Sun Top is the best descent Ive ever ridden. Just so you know, the road leading up to suntop is an 8 mile climb. From there, you take a trail about 1 mile up. I mostly pushed my Stinky Primo. The descent was fast and smooth-excellent, tight switchbacks.
where is suntop at? it sounds fun, i'd like to check it out one of these weekends.

WARider

Monkey
May 21, 2003
Minneattle said:
I would go with you to sun top, but I have to work. Send me a pm if you plan to go another time.
Going to crystal sun top or ranger tomorrow if your interested.

WARider

Monkey
May 21, 2003
radjockette said:
wish I could go with you tommorrow. check your pm; gave you a little present. (LOL)
Hey thanks alot Radjockette, I love presents and that one is quiet nice of you!!! Ride on! :thumb: