Quantcast

sunday, sunday...

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Lefty said:
It's a really nice bike if only they would come in other colours then this radioactive green. Yuck.. do you get free sunglasses with that. I def would give it a paintjob. Rootbeer would be even better. :p Or battleship grey orso, translucent bleu. :rolleyes:
The frame only comes in black, blue and yellow.

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
CBJ said:
The frame only comes in black, blue and yellow.
that is for the Factory frameset. The Team is Grey while the World Cup (like in the first pic) is Monster Green.

Lefty: Frameset is $2299 USD and comes with
DT/Swiss Hugi FR hub w/ alloy cassette body, Thomson Elite 30.0 seatpost, e.thirteen 1.5 zerostack reducer cups, & FSA IS-2 Carbon headset

EDIT: I see CBJ beat me to it ;)

Lefty

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Megan calls me a babe.
Ok thanx acadian. He has only zero posts now. :p it's the rm postghost who is after him . MUHHAHHAAA :devil:

But you get a lot of stuff with that frame man. Good deal. But i think it will be more expensive in Holland. Whe got someone who is importing them now to our country.

PAMS 25

Monkey
Feb 11, 2004
Métabief, France
Lefty said:
Good deal. But i think it will be more expensive in Holland. Whe got someone who is importing them now to our country.
I dunno in Holland, but here in France, the frameset costs about 2000€. Still a killer deal at this price.

Lefty

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Megan calls me a babe.
I just heard from Eric de man who imports them for us, that they will cost 2499 euro's for the Sunday framekit. For the European market. And they come only in badass black. :smoking: Yeah the higher cost are deu to 19 % vat and import rights and shipping cost from ups. If you're interest he said he could do something about the shippingcost depending on which transport the frames or bikes will come. He should be able to cut the cost. And make it more affordable for our market. He is awaiting 3 frames now he said.

Lefty

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Megan calls me a babe.
PAMS 25 said:
It seems we are luckier with our french distributor. ;) You should drop him a line : http://www.rspimport.com/
Hehehe lol yeah mabey. But that would not be nice to our dutch friend. Hell if i want to buy one i need to rob a bank first i geuss. :help:

And i edited my message above. And said that he could do something about the price. He sells Hope brakes to. And he is really cheap with those products. I bought a m4 rearbrake from him. :thumb: :blah:

sn0wboarder

Monkey
Mar 16, 2003
NJ
Wow some of you guys are sad. I can't believe you guys are bitching about the weight of a chain guide system. Does saving X amount of grams make you that much faster?

Personaly I would rather run something solid and know it won't die on me. The SRS guide on my DHR is 3 years old and has been on 2 other frames, one which cracked at the ht. but whatever.

Oh and that green Sunday is crazy.

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
beaverbiker said:
yes. some people lose by hundredths. so saving x amount of grams here and there does count.
dude in a road race maybe. not in a dh race. maybe a pound or 2 but not a few grams. its the rider not the bike bud. theres no excuses for losing exept that you screwed up somewhere on the course or had a mechanical. i learned that at one of my last races.

E.T.

Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
NorCal
sn0wboarder said:
Does saving X amount of grams make you that much faster?
Saving weight has always been important among racers. Just as long as you don't push it to the point of a mechanical failure. A lighter bike requires less effort to accelerate, brake, jump, turn, and manuever. It lets the rider push it that much HARDER before becoming fatigued. In racing, as Beavers pointed out, every 100th of a second counts.

Of course you won't see me in a skinsuit anytime soon, so I guess my weight weenie stuff evens me out... :rolleyes:

Anyways, DW I hope you knew that I was joking with the boxing gloves. (I'm not one to fight over bike parts)

See ya at the Open...

-Evan

sn0wboarder

Monkey
Mar 16, 2003
NJ
lovebunny explained it well. Of course 10lbs. will make a huge affect a bike rides, but 2 or 3lbs is barely noticable on a DH bike. A lighter bike wont make you go faster, but the person riding it will. If I saved 4lbs making my bike 40lbs, I really doubt it would make me any faster.

E.T.

Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
NorCal
sn0wboarder said:
I really doubt it would make me any faster.
It doesn't make you any faster, it allows you to go faster without getting as tired. If that makes any sense...

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
A few grams doesn't make a big difference but a few grams here and there becomes at least a pound and that can make a difference. If you pay attetntion the the weight of each component then the complete build will come out noticeably lighter and if you are careful about part selection then the strength can be equal or even stronger too if you spend more cash. But in the end it isn't worth it if it compromises strength to the point of possible failure. Anyway who cares how someone else builds there bike???

The way I see it, if a racer is sitting at the gate knowing his bike is the lightest it can be then that helps his state of mind and gives a feeling of complete preparedness and that is worth a lot.

Mixing and matching various chainguide parts isn't the best idea but in this instance I understand since he had incompatible parts and wanted to get the bike together. I do think some tempers got a little flared up over nothing. I think Dave was mostly saying that the diameter of the Gamut outer plate is slightly smaller than the E.13 plate the system is designed to use and this could (most likely) lead to problems, especially in the case of a severe impact.

Anyway, that's a SICK Sunday! :drool:

beaverbiker

Monkey
Feb 5, 2003
Santa Clara
lovebunny said:
dude in a road race maybe. not in a dh race. maybe a pound or 2 but not a few grams. its the rider not the bike bud. theres no excuses for losing exept that you screwed up somewhere on the course or had a mechanical. i learned that at one of my last races.
dude, how many grams do you think are in a pound. it doesnt take much to save a pound (453.6g). especially in your wheels, you're not only saving mass on the bike, you're lowering the moment of inertia (mr^2)*2wheels. this allows for greater acceleration for the same amount of work input. it's not rocket science. like et said as well, your bike wont go much faster being lighter, but you don't have to put out as much work to get the same speed as before. of course it comes down to not making mistakes, but when you get to the upper level, the mistakes decrease tremendously and every little bit in the bike helps. to me, a lighter bike is easier to control as well. do what you want and i do what i want. im not trying to convince you that im right. im just giving the facts to why i think the way i do.

i dont wear a skinsuit because i like to keep my skin on my body if i do eat crap. i do tuck my shirt in though.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
SPrider said:
Well said Evan, well said, DW is just trying to make the Gamut look bad, even though thats not possible. The Gamut is half the weight of an e13, and just as strong, and a lot easier to set up. Check it www.gamutusa.com
1 - dave knows exactly what he is talking about. He doesn't recommend that bashring for use with an e13 chainguide. Sizing issues come into play, pay attention. He isn't trying to make anyone look bad.

2- if you can't setup an e13 guide, you should really take up tennis or golf or something.

/derail.

Nice sunday's. I can't wait to put a run or 3 in on one next weekend if possible.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Jeremy R said:
If he says something will not work with his guide, then I know him well enough to know he is not a hater, and is just looking out for a fellow rider.

This is what I don't understand...
DW said that taking one part from one guide, and one part from another, and trying to run them TOGETHER will not work. He never said anything about any complete system. So why are people getting all bent out of shape?
:confused: :stupid: