Quantcast

%%% Sunday %%%

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all

more work from home action for me today.

Got half of my nominally day’s worth of moonlighting cases read last night after my daytime call shift. Shall knock out the other half after today’s shift, and maybe another half day’s worth after hitting up the jump lines at Ruby Hill tomorrow morning.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Medical professionals are still looking for the tick which has developed a large bushy mustache.

Feel better JBP

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
hi fronds
wife gets back from mini vacation today so dad-time ends. hoping to get a ride in and finish the patio maybe.

son has been battling impetigo for a while. I can't tell if it's getting better or not. He's apparently allergic to our topical antibiotic but the infection is bad enough that I want to keep using it if the allergy can be managed. Anyways, he's a mess. Hoping I can discontinue the topical this evening and stick with the oral and eye drops.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Spent most of yesterday at Wifey's cousin's house. 6 kids, pool, ribs. Was awesome. Flight back to CO late this afternoon.

Second non-TN/TX guardian for girls confirmed, so trust getting re-written when we're home. A lot of stress to get here, but so be it.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Think I might tender my resignation. I now fully see why they were so eager to throw money and perks at me, it’s fully toxic. They have lost 8 employees in the last three weeks out of a crew of around 50. It’s systemic. Oh, well, it had promise.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Had to go to Starbucks, ordered black iced coffee, they put sweetener in it, how to people drink that shit? Terrible.

I've been brought against my will to Phoenix so we can attend wife's family reunion. :dead:. Even the cold tap water here is hot.
Damn, don’t know which is worse, being in Phoenix or being at a family reunion, they certainly enhance each other, or whatever the opposite of enhance is.

Maybe you’ll catch on fire and get to skip the rest of the trip?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I've been brought against my will to Phoenix so we can attend wife's family reunion. :dead:. Even the cold tap water here is hot.
Not sure if being a ginger in Phoenix is a worst case scenario or if your highly reflective surface helps to reject the heat.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Damn, don’t know which is worse, being in Phoenix or being at a family reunion, they certainly enhance each other, or whatever the opposite of enhance is.
Mexican family. There are more folks here than I can count, and Lord Jesus, can these people drink. I don't know if my wife knows all of these people. The tacos however, might be worth the price of admission. :drool:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Spoke to my father in the hospital. Afraid the end is near. Nothing has drastically changed medically but his will has finally broken.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
The monkey strikes again! :cupidarrow:
JonK is now in possession of something crooked for me. ;) :banana:

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Mexican family. There are more folks here than I can count, and Lord Jesus, can these people drink. I don't know if my wife knows all of these people. The tacos however, might be worth the price of admission. :drool:
Hmm, proximity to Mexico does usually equate to superior tacos. Could southern Az actually have a redeeming feature?

My moms side of the family is Mormon, like hard core Mormons with really large houses that look like Hampton Inns, we attended a family reunion once, it was a goddamn circus. There were at least 600,000 people in attendance, every cousin we’d never met had like 78 kids they needed to introduce to us, and half those kids had kids.

Thinking about it, that could have been the Genesis for my utter sustain for large crowds.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
[Southwest app alert multiple times] Your flight has been delayed!

[SW app status update with no alerts] congratulations! Your flight is on time now!

Ensuring rush to stuff faces at dinner, get kids to bathroom, check stroller, and then down to the line in time for young kid check-in. But hey, flight is open enough that Hannah and I are sitting by ourselves with Haley and Wifey doing the same.