Quantcast

sundayfunday gfmt

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Weather says high only mid-40's. Legs are saying nope after the last two days. So let's see how this works out.

After I've watched this Utd vs Utd game.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
And of course the dogs woke me up at 4 am to go poop. Of course we are in the camper so that meant getting up getting dressed, find the headlamp and take them for a walk. But it does beat dog shit in the camper. Espresso, eats, then walk 5 minutes to work at the aid station at 7am

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Super crappy sleep last night, so bailed on riding this AM. Plus gotta help look after orange cat who is still hooked up to the IV pump.

Cat is at least trying to escape his boxed in area, where we're keeping so he doesn't rip it out of his leg. And he ate this morning, so that is good.

Might mow the lawn later for the last time this year. And need to clean the bike off, it got covered in diarrhea mud from some dirt roads yesterday.

Exciting stuff!

:wave:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Well, Wifey's angry. Somehow she missed all the conversations about the safety gear we were getting for Haley so there were no concerns when we got her kart. And how we were at the track last weekend testing a kart to buy and how we were heading up to the track this morning to get a kart.

As it is, Haley's stoked.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Well, Wifey's angry. Somehow she missed all the conversations about the safety gear we were getting for Haley so there were no concerns when we got her kart. And how we were at the track last weekend testing a kart to buy and how we were heading up to the track this morning to get a kart.

she’s mad because there are more baseboards to do and cabinets to refinish

<cracks whip>

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001

tell her its bragging rights among the other parents...

my kid can lap the shit out of most adults in a go kart....

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
tell her its bragging rights among the other parents...

my kid can lap the shit out of most adults in a go kart....
Won't work. Irony is, she's totally cool with horse riding or gymnastics. Apparently both are safer - both physically and psychologically.

Haley already can't/won't take coaching due to her experiences in cheerleading. Got seriously mind broken and blocked because of it. She will listen for her karts. Also actively wants to do it and compete. I can't say the same about any of the other "girly" activities she's done and she doesn't do team sports, so...

Won't work. Irony is, she's totally cool with horse riding or gymnastics. Apparently both are safer - both physically and psychologically.

Haley already can't/won't take coaching due to her experiences in cheerleading. Got seriously mind broken and blocked because of it. She will listen for her karts. Also actively wants to do it and compete. I can't say the same about any of the other "girly" activities she's done and she doesn't do team sports, so...
Cheerleading is a grotesque activity.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
holy crap.

hosted a sleepover for my daughter and 4 of her friends. Not a complete nightmare, but one of the friends is....special. Basically refused to go to sleep when we said and when everyone else wanted to. Parents packed her a fucking tablet. All the rest of the kids were pretty awesome...

Anyways, slept like shit- got to bed late got up early and was uneasy all night. No ride this weekend due to business yesterday and exhaustion today. Early to bed for sure.