Quantcast

sunday's dinner

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
kinda germanic today, a good autumn choice.

take 3-4 1" thick bone-in pork chops (rib chop is the best). S&P them.

heat a large thick skillet @ med-high for 2-3 min, and then add olive oil

when the oil is not quite smoking, add the chops, and brown each side (~2 min per side or so).

my pan wasn't large enough, so i removed the chops and added a 1/2 onion, minced. stirring frequently, cook for ~30 sec and then deglaze w/ ~1/2 cup of white wine.

reduce to low heat, add the chops back to the pan, add ~1/2 cup of chicken stock, and cover. cook for 10-15 min.

when the chops are done, remove from the pan, and add in two sliced and skinned apples. raise the heat and cook for ~4 or so minutes, until they soften. just prior to taking off the heat, add in some fresh squeezed lemon juice, and pour over chops.

we had it w/ some roasted potatoes and boiled green beans.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
sounds good! Love pork chops... especially wrapped in bacon.

We just bought pre-cooked and chilled Alaskan King crab legs from Whole Foods. A bit pricey for a eat-at-home meal at $30, but what would that have cost us at a restaurant?

note to self: buy a nut-cracker cuz a vise wrench just doesn't work as well.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
kinda germanic today, a good autumn choice.

take 3-4 1" thick bone-in pork chops (rib chop is the best). S&P them.

heat a large thick skillet @ med-high for 2-3 min, and then add olive oil

when the oil is not quite smoking, add the chops, and brown each side (~2 min per side or so).

my pan wasn't large enough, so i removed the chops and added a 1/2 onion, minced. stirring frequently, cook for ~30 sec and then deglaze w/ ~1/2 cup of white wine.

reduce to low heat, add the chops back to the pan, add ~1/2 cup of chicken stock, and cover. cook for 10-15 min.

when the chops are done, remove from the pan, and add in two sliced and skinned apples. raise the heat and cook for ~4 or so minutes, until they soften. just prior to taking off the heat, add in some fresh squeezed lemon juice, and pour over chops.

we had it w/ some roasted potatoes and boiled green beans.
This sounds most excellent!