Quantcast

***Sundays GMT***

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Also, holy shittake it's slippery out here. Spent as much time sliding sideways as moving forward. Only one OTB though, so I guess that's good.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Interesting, isn't it?
when they cleaned out my uncle leo's house after he had passed....they found more tools in his dressers than clothes....

when he returned from vietnam the only people who were invited in the house were my dad when he would visit....grandfather....dads younger brother....and two uncles....

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
rotten sleep last night. Kept thinking about my co worker in the hospital with Covid. His dog stayed real close to me last night. I was kind of hoping to wake up to a text from him this morning but nope.

Espresso, eats then off to do day two of the EMT thing at the horse show. I'll say one thing about the show, yesterday. There were more fit beautiful women at this competition than I have seen in years. Works for me

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Interesting, isn't it?
Sure is. I've resolved to never let myself get to this point.

We've found 5-6 complete sets of unopened cookware, multiple chicken rotisserie cookers, probably 3 dozen cake pans, 4 or 5 complete sets of fine china, 2 dozen random chairs. That and tools, so, so many tools. My FIL owns probably 5 miter saws. It's madness.

On the flip side, we also found $3K worth of salt cellars, and were gifted a solid oak roll top desk, so I suppose I can't complain too much.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. CFP studies this AM then off to MIL to install a butcher block counter top. She was very much saying that I don't have to come if I don't want to, which means the house is a fucking mess again.

:wave:

Fuck your Air Quality Index!

My eyes are on fire. :cray: Probably gave myself Emphysema walking the dogs this morning.
My head is pounding from the show. I don't drink, so I can only assume it's the standing outside and sucking down smoky air for six hours. I blew my nose this morning and you would have assumed I had crashed in pumice, there was so much dust/smoke/ash. All the bands were struggling, their voices blowing out, even more so than altitude normally does to them.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
After never smoking, I think I'm a 20 a day man after riding in that crap yesterday. Sinuses seem inflamed this morning from it.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Sure is. I've resolved to never let myself get to this point.

We've found 5-6 complete sets of unopened cookware, multiple chicken rotisserie cookers, probably 3 dozen cake pans, 4 or 5 complete sets of fine china, 2 dozen random chairs. That and tools, so, so many tools. My FIL owns probably 5 miter saws. It's madness.

On the flip side, we also found $3K worth of salt cellars, and were gifted a solid oak roll top desk, so I suppose I can't complain too much.
We found tons of crazy shit in my wife's father's house after he passed unexpectedly.

Lots of tools. I took a bunch, but wish I had space for more. Like the full sized drill press.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
After never smoking, I think I'm a 20 a day man after riding in that crap yesterday. Sinuses seem inflamed this morning from it.
As much as riding the trainer sucks, now it the time to setup the trainer inside and spin. There is no reason to go outside in general right now...

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
hey hey hey
parents are in town for a couple of days. Occasionally I can get them to play with the kids, which is nice. Otherwise it's them sitting on the couch with their devices while I do the same thing I do every day- entertain my children.

Probably no bikes this weekend :( Did a hedge maze yesterday, but with family in town there isn't much to be done.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
We found tons of crazy shit in my wife's father's house after he passed unexpectedly.

Lots of tools. I took a bunch, but wish I had space for more. Like the full sized drill press.
I've had to veto a bunch of houses we looked at cause no/not enough shop space. I must have a space to do things.

Would love to have a full size drill press, bandsaw, table saw, jointer, 20 ton press and welding station. Thats it. Not too much to ask.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all

Family gathering survived. Baby Aya liked holding her second cousins

MIL, wife, all kids headed off to ride some "donut boats" or the like

I shall not be joining them, glorious free time instead

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
I see a correlation!?
nah...it's because i've only been doing short local rides or lift assist for the last 3 months. plus it was in the 80s and 93% humidity. creek beer rejuvenated me! and the little fish in the creek swarming our legs to nibble the salt and blood was pretty funny too.

Last edited: