chuckie

Monkey
Jul 2, 2007
guys I am running 160psi in my DHX5 on 07 IH Sunday

I weight about 80 kilos (178 pounds) with all the gear on

Just wondering what PSI other Sunday owners are running

gonefirefightin

free wieners
it realy doesnt matter what others are running. your suspension set up is so very personal to you and your riding habits that it should be like underwear to you. as long as you have 20-30 percent sag in your shock and forks and they work together (rebound and compression timing) you shouldnt be concerned with others pressures and set ups. I see more racers get to the top of the hill and watch one person bleed 5 pounds out of thier tires or dial on thier suspension and half the crowd does the same. sheep I tell you.

learn YOUR set up and stick with what works.

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
You do realize that 'DHX5' does not describe a single shock?

It could either refer to a coil or air shock. The air shock has two seperate air chambers (the coil only one).....so, no one has any idea what you are refering to....or what you are asking for.

My first suggestion would be to read your owners manual.....

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
owners manuals are a very powerful tool in getting you started, and if you want even more info there is a thread at the very top of the dh section you might want to check out.

chuckie

Monkey
Jul 2, 2007
geez just curious...I am asking about DHX coil on a low leverage bike like the sunday

I have read the manual but it seems a lot of people I talk to dont run the recommended psi thats in the manual. I have heard some people around my weight running anywhere between 85psi to 180 psi

Dogboy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
Durham, NC
geez just curious...I am asking about DHX coil on a low leverage bike like the sunday

I have read the manual but it seems a lot of people I talk to dont run the recommended psi thats in the manual. I have heard some people around my weight running anywhere between 85psi to 180 psi
Did you read the thread at the top of the page? It gives good setup guidelines.

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
Crank the bottom out adjuster (big blue knob at the end of the can) all the way in. Depending on your spring rate and weight, 160 psi is totally acceptable. When I was 175# with gear I ran a 300 spring with 150 PSI quite a bit myself.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Chuck - check out the "Sunday Tech. and Tuning" thread in this forum - the first page is an archive that has everything you need to know about set-up.

What dw suggested is spot on for a starting point to work from. Experiment from there and find out what works best for you!

Cheers!

:)

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
Crank the bottom out adjuster (big blue knob at the end of the can) all the way in. Depending on your spring rate and weight, 160 psi is totally acceptable. When I was 175# with gear I ran a 300 spring with 150 PSI quite a bit myself.
that last sentence made me laugh:cheers:

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
i ran the bottom out adjuster all the way in and to keep the bike riding higher in its travel about 150-160psi in the chamber.... this helped give a bit more low speed compression (something dhx greatly lacks), though i would have liked more... thankfully this is a feature that my new vivid comes equipped with :biggrin:

this was a 300 spring and i weigh about 160

or course to have a happy bike you need to balance all this with the front end as well... so for reference i run a WC boxxer with 130-135 psi and the motion control 3 clicks (half way) in

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
Does PSI also affect traction greatly?
it has big impact on ride hight.. and in a ghetto way, low speed compression

the setting really comes down to preference though

i suggest trying 10 psi above and below a setting that you are currently using to see which makes a difference either good or bad... and go from there

Lollapalooza

Monkey
Jan 22, 2007
If we're throwing settings out there:
I'm 135lbs with gear on
I have a 250lb spring
135 psi
Bottom Out cranked all the way in
3-4 clicks of propedal