Quantcast

***Sundaze DST GMT***

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Fuck it, rode bikes while the wife figure was at home.

Somehow, Strava tells me my fat, out of shape ass is getting PRs on trail segments. So either my summer self needs a real talking to, or my winter self isn't actually that bad.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
were you using the “bounce things off of gut” trick, Tim?!

We have snau. Storm was delayed but appears to be delivering. Since 4:30 pm at WP

6CDAA746-CBCD-4EFC-A09E-0CF963CBFE42.jpg

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Fuck it, rode bikes while the wife figure was at home.

Somehow, Strava tells me my fat, out of shape ass is getting PRs on trail segments. So either my summer self needs a real talking to, or my winter self isn't actually that bad.
Frozen trails are fast trails. :nerd:

I too rode while wife figure was at home. First ride on le FS bike in a long time, and boy, did I feel it. :(

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Snow has begun.
Riding wives while the bikes are at home.
DST gtfo.
(I think that should cover it)

Seriously amazing chili made yesterday, the leftovers will be legend. Camping out for the day, hopefully skiing tomorrow.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
snowmonkey.com

Plowed for 2+hours and then 30 minutes with the snow blower clearing outside the house.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
And they have a Gaz-X up there now, so the don't have to wait for good visibility to blast it...
That Gazex system is super cool! On Berthoud and Loveland.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Can't move, I'm pinned down by teh kitty.

Need to work on bikes, beer and other random stuff today. Maybe try to make a fire outside?

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
My brother sent me that yesterday. KEEP COLORADO SPRINGS LAME!

Also, fuck off with this happy horseshit:
Also Friday, the city announced it would implement a 15 mph speed limit for all bikes on all trails during the year.
Who are they going to get to enforce this? Cops? :rofl: That can't be right because that would mean something might actually get done about the homeless situation along Fountain Creek.....

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Not sure what to make of today's ride, or attempt at a ride:

Pros:
- bike felt great
- legs felt great
- trails were in great condition
- talked to some other dude on a bike for what felt like an hour, ending in him giving me his number. So things are pretty serious. He's a CO transplant.... I am assuming all you CO monkeys know Josh

Cons:
- my shorts are too big and kept sliding down, hindering leg movement and exposing my ass crack. Possibly related to fourth point above
- my new Briskers were still pretty tight despite trying to stretch them out wearing them regularly, to the point my fingers were numb 20min into the ride. Seemed to be getting better, but not a great start.
- for some reason my watch decided to not track my route properly and instead just showed a straight line going across the map. Map not showing up at all on connect app. @StiHacka you ever see this? Didn't do anything unusual as far as starting the activity.
- talking to my new friend so long mid ride killed my motivation to keep going

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
My brother sent me that yesterday. KEEP COLORADO SPRINGS LAME!

Also, fuck off with this happy horseshit:

Who are they going to get to enforce this? Cops? :rofl: That can't be right because that would mean something might actually get done about the homeless situation along Fountain Creek.....
Colorado Springs, the California of Colorado.

If they can make easy money by fining bikers, that's easier than dealing with the other "issues".

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes

Pros:
- bike felt great
- legs felt great
- talked to some other dude on a bike for what felt like an hour, ending in him giving me his number. So things are pretty serious. He's a CO transplant.... I am assuming all you CO monkeys know Josh

Cons:
- my shorts are too big and kept sliding down, hindering leg movement and exposing my ass crack. Possibly related to fourth point above
- my new Briskers were still pretty tight despite trying to stretch them out wearing them regularly, to the point my fingers were numb 20min into the ride. Seemed to be getting better, but not a great start.
- for some reason my watch decided to not track my route properly and instead just showed a straight line going across the map. Map not showing up at all on connect app. @StiHacka you ever see this? Didn't do anything unusual as far as starting the activity.
- talking to my new friend so long mid ride killed my motivation to keep going
I had that issue with my samsung watch a couple of times, which is part of why I stopped using it. Did you check to make sure you had GPS signal before taking off? Sometimes if signal is flaky when I start, it doesn't keep trying to find the signal, and I end up with a straight line until I notice and wait for it to find a signal. I got fed up and ended up getting the head unit.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
spent the morning at a local "bounce house"/air-park thing with the kids. They loved it, climbing up and jumping off everything. I am spent. Took a hike with the kidoos yesterday which turned into me carrying my 35lb little homey for 75% of it. On friday I got my first ride of the year outside and absolutely roasted my legs, so the hike and the bounce-house were fun.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
I had that issue with my samsung watch a couple of times, which is part of why I stopped using it. Did you check to make sure you had GPS signal before taking off? Sometimes if signal is flaky when I start, it doesn't keep trying to find the signal, and I end up with a straight line until I notice and wait for it to find a signal. I got fed up and ended up getting the head unit.
That was my first thought, but figured it would find it eventually. Didn't actually see the GPS signal check at the start though, so it may be it. When I got back to the lot I started a new mtb activity and the GPS signal was acquired right away, so I'm thinking and hoping it was just a fluke. First and only time it's happened since I got it in August last year.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

Pros:
- bike felt great
- legs felt great

Trying to make @Adventurous jealous?

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Unrelated, this morning I sneezed and a crack/pop in my chest occurred so loud that my fake wife, sitting on the opposite side of the room, said "WTF?!" If that's not a sign of aging, I don't know what is.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
That was my first thought, but figured it would find it eventually. Didn't actually see the GPS signal check at the start though, so it may be it. When I got back to the lot I started a new mtb activity and the GPS signal was acquired right away, so I'm thinking and hoping it was just a fluke. First and only time it's happened since I got it in August last year.
it's hard to say as some people run GPS all the time, and this is Samsung not Garmin, but I know my garmin vivosmart (which uses phone GPS) takes a very long time to track a run. Even the vivosport i had briefly took a while for a signal lock. It did NOT like it when I took off without waiting.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
We're not legally married, so I've been using fake wife to avoid confusion. Also wife-like figure and functional wife, interchangeably.