Quantcast

***Sundaze GMT***

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
watched wc. drank coffee. older son's been having asthma attack past day or two. not sure what's going on. had to take him to urgent care last night. another day and a half of parental visit...hanging in there.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
^ shitty about your kid... Not a good feeling.

Up early to watch Lourdes and my kids timed their wake up exactly for the end of the last run. I think that will be my win of the day.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Sucks about your son's asthma attack. Allergies exacerbating things?

I didn't have night terrors but dreamed I was working in Silicon Valley and had to go to some event on a Facebook campus. In that same weird dream I helped my parents buy a used red Jetta wagon and it turned out to have horribly scratched, cracked paint.

I'm not sure where these anxieties in my subconscious arise from other than the usual "too many research projects going" refrain.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Morning Monkies, slept until 8:30 for no good reason and it was awesome. There was a little bit of snow blowing around but so far no rain. Nothing on tap for today except rest and salmon for dinner. Resting HR at 55 or less for 3 days in a row.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
In that same weird dream I helped my parents buy a used red Jetta wagon and it turned out to have horribly scratched, cracked paint.
Maybe not a night terror but certainly a nightmare, hopefully you will not have one where you are trying to polish out the scratches but they just keep coming...

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Bought new Pedals. Came home and put them on my bike. In replacing the cleat. I broke the plate that holds the cleat on. Now I need new shoes. 16 years is a good run. Diadora Chilis best cycling shoe ever!

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Got a call from craigs list buyer who still may keep the set of mavic wheels I listed yesterday, they won't fit his super v but he thinks he can make money selling them on ebay since they have never been ridden or even had tires mounted to them. He also wanted to know if I would refund the money and split what they go for on ebay. I said no, I already got half of what I think they're worth. He has until 5 tonight to return them but I am sure he won't because yellow spokes.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Just got home from work. Switched out some switches to do some switching for our network switch project.

Now switching to post-work mode. The plan is:

(World Cup (Beer + Pizza/Bong Shed))

I am excited.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
U-Joint project was a success. Minimal cursing and lots of hammering. I only smashed my hand once but a quick first aid beer fixed that up. Pretty satisfying all and all. More fun than trying to bleed the first gen elixirs I have on my DJ bike.

It is still raining which means anything dirt will be unrideable slop. Looks like a day of projects and home gym. Excellent coffee I say as I am 1/4 of the way into consuming a mug full.
Even found time to go for a ride in the unreadable slop. My buddy and I had to hose each other off after, like a homoerotic car wash scene, except wearing rain gear and covered in mud head to toe.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Expensive ride this morning.
Came up short on an ambitious attempt to gap a rock garden.
Non-drive XO1 crank took the brunt, with 3 splines shearing off completely when I landed.
I found this out the next hill when the crank suddenly loosened, stripping out the spindle bolt threads.
It was a lovely 3mi walk out.

I may be pushing these cranks beyond their intended purpose with frequent lift days but in 28yrs of riding I've never destroyed the crank/spindle interface and I'm not getting any faster with age.
There was no damage on the bb spindle splines so I know crank wasn't ridden loose.
I blame SRAM.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
sounds like a perfectly reasonable warranty claim to me.
I agree but have doubts.
These things look like they've been thru a Will It Blend session, especially the ends, but the carbons going strong.
I'll try and warranty after I'm back up and running, lifts start turning the 23rd and I gotta catch an early chair.

I was about to PM you about hitting Monarch Crest this August when I saw that thread. Going to miss that weekend by 7 days. D'oh!

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
welp, wife was dropped off at airport for 6 days of meetings in Paris, kids were fed icecream after dropping off mom, stopped off at the park to burn off a little sugar, and now at 7:15 they are washed, teeth brushed, in their PJs and watching the Magic School Bus before books and bed. Not too bad for the first three hours.... let's see how long this lasts!

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Got railroaded to cook for my friends Nonna. She is from Sicily. And crazy as all get out. She got a little to frisky as I pounded out the veal. I brought the bread. Her sauce was incredible. Stuffed shells baked in the oven with feta like cheese with onions, parsley, and sage. I currently cannot breath....