Quantcast

***Sundaze GMT***

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Buried my mom yesterday.
Drank lots of whisky with my brothers last night.
Hung over this morning.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
@dan-o sorry to hear.

Now that I've pooped and had some coffee, its time to load my bike and crap in the car to go to this local bike jam thing. Do I bring strawberry or blueberry jam? I know it'll be some dudes on DH bikes, but I'm bring the trail bike as I don't feel like hike-a-biking. Perhaps the group can split and do a loop around the other trails.

Either way, its been raining over night and its chilly outside, so them rootz are going to be balls slippery.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Buried my mom yesterday.
Drank lots of whisky with my brothers last night.
Hung over this morning.
what @stevew said. condolences.

rode this morning-short ride on in-town trails. these are more about east coast roots than rox, but there are a few jumps scattered along the way to keep things fun. it was my third ride this week. there must be some sort of rift in the time-space continuum.

must find source of rattle on my bike. it's driving me nuts.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Condolences, dan-o. Are you in town for any length of time? We are trying to organize shuttle-shenanigans for a weekday this week and would be fun to have you come along.
I appreciate it but I'm in Detroit as thats where my dad's buried.
I'll be back out that way again soon to deal with her house.
Both brothers live out there too so a monkey connection will happen sooner or later.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Sorry to hear, Dan-o. I dread that time. Wife's father has been diagnosed with some sort of leukemia and at age 85, the outlook is not good. *sigh*

Rode the wicked ride today, co-lead a clinic for intermediate mostly total beginner riders and it was wicked wet and slippery. Why total newbs always overestimate their skills?

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I raced today (3 mile run, 11 mile bike, 2 mile run)....my hamstring seized up a quarter mile into the friggin race, so I spent the entire race toeing the line between pushing the effort and blowing up my hammy. I did what I could, racing in pain. The race took 1:09:42. I finished 15th overall and 4th in my age group. Hopefully the aching hamstring will settle down quickly.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hiked with fam. Had tasty Indian food. Convinced the wife to engage in post lunch aerobic activities. Went to Costco. Now at car wash. Not a bad day.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
wife went into full "we've got to move everything around/get organized/get rid of things" mode...at like 4:00, but then also proceeded to second guess many of the things i wanted to toss. also, this is a more than one afternoon undertaking, meaning that it looks like even more of a mess now than when we started. :rofl:

i need many beers.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Trains. Air. Berms. Cases.

I clearly brought the wrong bike. :monkey:

Run-in to the two senders below...Didn't hit these, they're a little hard landing for the trail bike. Rode another trail blind and cased a double pretty good, though. :rofl:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Wife and I got up high at 11650ft with a great ride on the Colorado Trail, Kenosha Pass up to Georgia Pass and then back down the alternative West Jefferson trail. First time I'd been on the Jefferson stretch, damn that was fun.

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
And yeah, @6thElement - W Jefferson is a holelotta fun. Was it wet 'n' slippery?
One or two muddy spots near stream crossings, but no snow up top at all. Biggest issue was downed trees on the CT and Jefferson trail - a whole bunch of them.

Just a good old fashioned rocky, rooty descent.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
One or two muddy spots near stream crossings, but no snow up top at all. Biggest issue was downed trees on the CT and Jefferson trail - a whole bunch of them.
Yah - downed trees is going to become more and more of an issue over the next decade as all those old, beetle-killed victims start coming down.

I'm curious if/when the *spruce* beetle makes it up to our neck of the woods what sort of mayhem that's going to create...