Quantcast

***Sundaze GMT***

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
went to the us nat'l whitewater center with the fam. obstacle course, ropes course, rock climbing, rafting. good times. for non-nc monkeys: https://usnwc.org/

there are 30+ miles of decent trails there too.
Ridden and raced those trails a few times, good times.

DSO is currently not amused by the huge 7 point bull elk stood 10 yards from our back door.

edit: eek 10 years since I raced a 100 mile MTB race there.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Who even knows what “side” stuff got wired on. Not me. What I do know is the truck took a beating in Baja, so even if stuff was wired correctly to begin, it might be damaged now.
You can have Autozone or O'Reilly's load test the battery to make sure. It would be a shame if the short overdraw your battery and cooked it.

What accessories do you have other than the lights?

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Ridden and raced those trails a few times, good times.

DSO is currently not amused by the huge 7 point bull elk stood 10 yards from our back door.

edit: eek 10 years since I raced a 100 mile MTB race there.
dang-recently? you should hit me up if you do again! i'll show you around the local goods (both trails and breweries!)

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
i can't believe that much shit went swerveways with your bike in like 2 weeks.
RS post - kind of expected...
Fox Factory Series Float X2 Shock - wft?
DTSwiss M1700 Wheels - All-mtn wheels for me? Eh... All-mtn wheels for me with a high-country ride, suspension tuning ride, and two days at Whistler? Well...

I are really surprised the post took a shit this fast, but every RS post I've ever had has failed. The shock I'm REALLY surprised about.

The wheels, well... might have lost 50#, but I'm still a 215# gorilla that rides fast with a "downhill background" :D. There is a reason why I generally ride light DH wheels vs. All-mtn wheels. I just kinda hoped they would last longer. The straight pull spokes being seized on is an issue preventing truing. If I could true them, they definitely have more life in them. The fact that when I was setting up tubeless and tabbing the tire at angles to the ground to get it to bead and the freehub just fell off, well that is probably a warranty issue as well.

The bike itself if fucking awesome though. The climbing isn't bad, given how long it is and the geometry. With the pedal assist from the shock it's just active enough. Downhill it's a fucking beast though. It rides like a DH bike with slightly less travel. At Whistler my concern with ability was me, not bike capacity.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
You can have Autozone or O'Reilly's load test the battery to make sure. It would be a shame if the short overdraw your battery and cooked it.

What accessories do you have other than the lights?
Cost me a $250 battery in the M for the radar detector. Fucking thing wasn't even working anymore.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I are really surprised the post took a shit this fast, but every RS post I've ever had has failed. The shock I'm REALLY surprised about.
Every rs post ever fails eventually.

Down in the dh forum it sounds like the x2 stuff having issues out of the box isn't uncommon. Enough so that I'll be continuing my run of no fox rear suspension.

Last edited: