Quantcast

***Sundaze GMT***

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

So Bman got the P1, said it's in really good shape, just needs matching pedals. He also needs a lid, so I might pick one up for him today.

He hasn't ridden a bike is almost 20 years. It isn't as easy as riding a bike, I am guessing he will learn. :rofl:

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Reporting in with nothing to report. Applying for jobs today. Might ski this afternoon. Gotta find a coolant leak in my truck at some point. Yeehaw.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Next door buddy bailed on ride this morning because 14F. It is getting a little warmer now, will go for a solo ride in a few.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. I am amusing myself by checking the trajectory of my serum triglycerides over the period of 12-15.5 hours fasted this morning, because that's how I roll.

Oh, and I cooked up some wagyu ribeyes last night for company, but they wanted it medium well. Heathens. (I obliged on one such steak, keeping it on the heat until 145 F…)

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Hello all. I am amusing myself by checking the trajectory of my serum triglycerides over the period of 12-15.5 hours fasted this morning, because that's how I roll.

Oh, and I cooked up some wagyu ribeyes last night for company, but they wanted it medium well. Heathens. (I obliged on one such steak, keeping it on the heat until 145 F…)
have you considered just telling them its medium well and only cooking it to medium?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
have you considered just telling them its medium well and only cooking it to medium?
I gave them a nice rare to medium rare one first, they cut it open, then I tossed it back in the skillet at their request.

They don't handle blood, apparently.

(My kids loved their bloody pieces, on the other hand.)

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Check up for 17.5 year old cat went fine. Our water tank/pump was making some awful deafening screeching noise this morning so we had to shut that shit down and there is water on the floor under it. Call to the e-plumber has been placed.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
The Zombie house lives!!!

Built in 2005, construction stopped because the ground behind it was deemed unstable due to the daylight basement and it's proximity to the creek behind it. It sat with bare walls and no roof for about 4 years. The city was going to condemn it, so they put a roof on. It had vinyl siding and windows, but there was no brickwork.

Fast forward to 6 months ago. They ripped the deck off the back, moved a bunch of dirt, built a new deck using untreated pine and stained it. The brickwork was done 2 months ago, the landscaping was last week.

It was just listed for $100k more than our house. :rofl:

Screenshot_20191208-111221.png

This was earlier this year.

Last edited:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

Built in 2005, construction stopped because the ground behind it was deemed unstable due to the daylight basement and it's proximity to the creek behind it. It sat with bare walls and no roof for about 4 years. The city was going to condemn it, so they put a roof on. It had vinyl siding and windows, but there was no brickwork.

Fast forward to 6 months ago. They ripped the deck off the back, moved a bunch of dirt, built a new deck using untreated pine and stained it. The brickwork was done 2 months ago, the landscaping was last week.

View attachment 139128

Is there something that explains the triple peak roof line, that isn't "meth"?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
You should have served them med. rare and just said “sorry, my stove just broke”
It was a batch of exceptionally juicy/bloody steaks for their internal temperature, fwiw. I did cast iron skillet in the oven then pan seared with butter.

:drool:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

View attachment 139128

50 years from now hipsters are going to be spending huge bucks remodeling classic '90s garage centric architecture. Just look at those vast inviting windowless doors! It really keeps out that natural light.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
For those (and whose wifes) buy things at Target, you can buy giftcards at a 10% discount through today. Free money on giftcards that can be used to buy whatever. Up to $300 per household.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Took the Gator to my land. The loggers can cut down any tree in my gully and harvest them, as long as they either fall into the waterway or on their adjacent property. No permits or notice required. I have a serious problem with this. They cut the lock off my gate. And used our access to unload their equipment. The State police came and towed the Tractor they parked on our siding. Zero Fucks given.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Discovered my truck’s radiator has a leak. Not awesome. Anyone have a recommendation for a solid / reliable replacement brand? Truck is a 2006 Tundra.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Was out running errands and saw 2 foot Christmas trees selling for $60. Thankfully I only celebrate the true Christian aspects of the holidays.