Quantcast

***Sundaze GMT***

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Holy shit am I sore. Lats and lower back are particularly unhappy, in addition to just sore legs.

Putting together my list of "to do" items for the Subaru, since it's being kept indefinitely now. I want to bring it back to healthy (damaged paint rusting, fix cracked fog lights) and bring a couple things up to current (android auto, bi-xenon headlights, sound deadening). It'll cost a bit, but given the thing is going to be going to death now, I might as well not be inconvenienced by it.

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
Putting together my list of "to do" items for the Subaru, since it's being kept indefinitely now. I want to bring it back to healthy (damaged paint rusting, fix cracked fog lights) and bring a couple things up to current (android auto, bi-xenon headlights, sound deadening). It'll cost a bit, but given the thing is going to be going to death now, I might as well not be inconvenienced by it.
Been doing this with our old 4Runner. Did the headlights a while ago, the Apple car play stereo went in yesterday and paintless dent removal was done last week. New cars cost far too much so we’ve decided that we will only have one payment (wife’s car). It looks and works just fine for me. No desire to buy anything else.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Been doing this with our old 4Runner. Did the headlights a while ago, the Apple car play stereo went in yesterday and paintless dent removal was done last week. New cars cost far too much so we’ve decided that we will only have one payment (wife’s car). It looks and works just fine for me. No desire to buy anything else.
With the Bolt going away, I'm going to take a few thousand from that to do this work, then get the rest working again. At that point, the car should be back to 100% and with only 78k and a 2010, it's got a lot of life left.

Once I get to the electrical I think I'm going to need to bribe @Pesqueeb for assistance. We almost got the head unit to work last time (turns out there were issues which is why we couldn't get it to work before), but I've since been given a new one that does work with a Subaru. It's the splitting electrical that's generally beyond my pay-grade though. I can do almost anything mechanical, but electrical has always surpassed my functional abilities.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Dropped kiddo off at the rink in lovely Casper, Wyoming.
His team is going to get slaughtered, always fun.

edit to note that Full Trucker ‘liked’ that kiddo’s team was going to get shellacked....:p

Last edited:

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Morning. Rode in balmy 28F but felt colder than 23F yesterday because light breeze. Now back to the usual weekend program, wifey wants to experience the sunshine, too.

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
I can do almost anything mechanical, but electrical has always surpassed my functional abilities.
Yep. You don’t want me doing anything past replacing a light fixture or outlet. Best Buy has free installation if you buy head unit there and that worked for me since doing it myself might not end well.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Here. Holy shit am I sore. Lats and lower back are particularly unhappy, in addition to just sore legs.

before you know it....your kid is going to be driving it...

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
before you know it....your kid is going to be driving it...
And all she does now is complain about how she doesn't want it. I keep trying to explain how a free car is much better than one you have to pay for, but it hasn't registered yet. she'll learn.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Have to say, I’m floored. This morning kiddo brought me breakfast and coffee with all the things I needed to eat, without being asked.
That was a first, and he’s not even asking for anything. Even said ‘Thank you’ for driving him to the rink.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Besides a sore knee from falling rest of the body actually felt good after 75km yesterday and I could have ridden this morning. I am hoping the weather forecast holds and we get dry days with below freezing so I the mtb trails can dry up. It was like that Monday and it was glorious.

Nice walk while it was snowing at the arboretum with the wife. I think todays tree was Picea Koreana.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
HEY-OH MONKEYS LOL!! I worked for a bit this morning, then ran 12 miles, and now I am anxiously waiting for DW to get back from the gyro store with my eats.

I am thinking 3-4 days is an acceptable number of days to wear a hoodie around the house before it is time to wash it?? Or when the cat hair becomes a little too much.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
HEY-OH MONKEYS LOL!! I worked for a bit this morning, then ran 12 miles, and now I am anxiously waiting for DW to get back from the gyro store with my eats.

I am thinking 3-4 days is an acceptable number of days to wear a hoodie around the house before it is time to wash it?? Or when the cat hair becomes a little too much.
3-4 months

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth

When the hoodie stands up on its own or the cat's won't come near you. Whichever comes first

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. I am back to a normal ability to regulate temperature. That is welcome. Not much planned for today.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
headed up to the hills for a hike in the snow with the fam. 37* but sunny and no wind so felt good. in the pics, ol grandfather mountain in the distance. about to go pick up sushi. kids start 2 day/week back to school tomorrow. we'll see how that goes.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Fat bicycled in the snowy woods, 18 freedums for 11 miles and 1750ft verticles topping out at 9800ft and having to race back downhill to beat the sunset.