Quantcast

***Sundaze GMT***

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Fried eggs, bacon and coffee now.

Brodozer car wash and a couple errands with older boy after that.

Hot water tank flush after that.

Bike ride after that.

Food shopping after that.

Grilling after that.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
So my trusty Ford Focus has finally reached it's end, or what I'm willing to call the end. There were a few known issues I've been putting off addressing/not worth fixing, given it's 11yo and 240k miles. The other day I pulled into the driveway and hear hissing coming from under the hood. Open it and see smoke and coolant pissing from the head gasket. Donate or junkyard it goes.

Turns out MIL/FIL are looking for a new vehicle for MIL and offered to sell us her "old" car. Fully loaded 2015 (I think) ML350 with 40k miles.....for $9k. Wife-like figure will take that and I'll drive her Rav4. Win-win.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Where are you riding today?
Hadn't fully thought it through yet, or know for sure I actually will be. Will depend on kids willingness to not be a little shit and take a nap. But might just go into the backyard trails to see how they look. Haven't been on them on the new bike yet.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Coffee now, ride already in the books. Did a slow spees tech ride to try and find new lines/clean old ones. Great success, though for a hot second I thought I broke my bike when I hucked a roller and went full bottom out.

So my trusty Ford Focus has finally reached it's end, or what I'm willing to call the end. There were a few known issues I've been putting off addressing/not worth fixing, given it's 11yo and 240k miles. The other day I pulled into the driveway and hear hissing coming from under the hood. Open it and see smoke and coolant pissing from the head gasket. Donate or junkyard it goes.

Turns out MIL/FIL are looking for a new vehicle for MIL and offered to sell us her "old" car. Fully loaded 2015 (I think) ML350 with 40k miles.....for $9k. Wife-like figure will take that and I'll drive her Rav4. Win-win.
The end of an era. RIP Focus. Guess I should be glad I didn't volunteer to weld some new rocked panels on.

Where are you riding today?
Where are YOU riding today?

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Howdy, cowboys! I waddled my fat lazy ass down to the rail trail this morning and ran 15 miles. Wife has already placed our pickup order at the BBQ place for lunch. Score!! Burnt ends for me, with mashed sweet potatoes and cole slaw.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
The end of an era. RIP Focus. Guess I should be glad I didn't volunteer to weld some new rocked panels on
I was actually going to weld on and bedliner new rockers in the spring had I kept it. The list was long though:
- clicking driver side CV joint
- significant oil drip (fucking up my driveway)
- rocker rot as you know
- intermittent ABS sensor issues. Have replaced and taken/out cleaned sensors a few times. Comes and goes on its own.
- cracked windshield (free, but hassle)
- needs new tires before next winter, arguably now
- it's a goddamn entry level Focus

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Took a body blow after I caught an edge on an icy bump yesterday and my side/hip still hurt.

Go back to work tomorrow, so I need to get as much of the remaining house work finished up as possible. Main floor baseboards are done, less what the unfinished floor boards are preventing. Started basement but need to move a bunch of furniture back upstairs to get access to more walls. I doubt I'll get those baseboards done today though.

Subaru strut started thunking, a tie rod end is bent, and a headlight seal fail, so I have so repairs to do. My biggest complaint is that it handles like a boat and the a/v doesn't function correctly. Despite @Pesqueeb's help, it looks like I just have a shitty head unit and non-functional microphone. Wifey hates said old Subaru but my thought are 'fuck it' I can make it do what I want it to do for <10% of the cost of a shiny new (used) car, so I'll do that. What started to break my last Subaru were the engine mods that the transmission couldn't handle. I plan on leaving the engine alone and just making the a/v and suspension nicer (hello Bilstein), fixing the rust forming on the trunk from broken paint, and once it warms up, putting in some sound deadening. Maybe once my summer tires die I'll get some nicer wheels, but that's only a maybe. I have a few years for that to occur.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Wifey is on a tear this morning. Really pissing me off. Her competition ride isn't until 1pm and it's just after 9 am. We won't start getting the horse ready (grooming, walking) until 11am. She is in that annoying we have to get this and that (read as me) done now. Doesn't help that I I am in that fuck you it will be done when I'm ready to do it. Like it takes more that 15 minutes to dump the camper waste tanks and put the electrical and water lines away....

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Unrelated, at least my pocket knife is sharp. just wiped it on my pants to get some water off and sliced straight through my jeans. Femoral artery intact.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Too warm at most places for a snow ride on the chunky bikes, plus I woke up late anyway. So hardtails on a 30 mile loop from home and finished just as the snow started. Now will it be half or a foot of snow in this storm?...

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Everything ordered. Going to upgrade headlights to projectors in the process. Costs a decent amount more, but visibility is awesome.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
...but your house is like 3 years old...
8....on a 6yr HWH.

Not like its leaking or anything, though. Noticed lower water pressure recently. Plumbed in a gauge and new expansion tank the other day and feed pressure into the house is good. Went to flush the tank today, opened the drain valve..... nothing. So much scaling and gunk in there, I'm assuming that's the cause for lost pressure. Not to mention efficiency loss as well.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
So, yay, got my shot...
and BOO, got a $150 ticket.
total sucker zone outside of Pinedale where you can *almost* see the 70mph sign, but you are still in a 55.
whoops.
Chick cop was cool though, we laughed and stuff. She gave me a $25 ‘discount’ for wearing my seatbelt.
Could have been worse I guess.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
So, yay, got my shot...
and BOO, got a $150 ticket.
total sucker zone outside of Pinedale where you can *almost* see the 70mph sign, but you are still in a 55.
whoops.
Chick cop was cool though, we laughed and stuff. She gave me a $25 ‘discount’ for wearing my seatbelt.
Could have been worse I guess.
Did you have to head to Pinedale because no availability in Jackson and 75% of Jackson doesn't know where Pinedale is?