Quantcast

***Sundaze GMT***

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
:wave:

Hello insomnia, my old friend.

20 years at this half baked airline, today. :dead:
i think my brother has 20 years or more at REI....discounts are next level...

i hope you ditched work....

Last edited:

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
:wave:

Hello insomnia, my old friend.

20 years at this half baked airline, today. :dead:
Wow! I cannot imagine that. Well done. I never lasted more than 4 anywhere so far. On the flip side I can tell you no place is full-baked; it does not exist. There is just some degree or less of coherence with your values. That’s what makes me happy or not. Plus being clear what those values are of course, that took a few decades…

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Over 15 years in this job, couple more to go...same organizational bullshit the whole time but in varying flavors due to moves every 2-3 years over the duration... Not a bad ADD job.

Gotta figure out where to go when it is over. Need @Changleen to get me NZ residency...

Now time to ride that fresh built Canfield!

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Red Bull Hardline just started, so that's my immediate future.

edit: I'll hit 20 years later this year.

Last edited:

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Mi cafecito.
received_1880227212138893.jpeg

First ride on a 29er ever. Felt like riding with a condom on. Felt a lot less, easy to keep going without getting spent.

So, perfect for what I wanted. Easiest climb of my life. Am sure XC/AM rims and tires were part of that along with wheel size, but the rough stuff was so smoothed-out...

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
received_176169557838408.jpeg

And la machina nueva

*máquina. My phone hates Spanish.

Last edited:

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1627224336701_6825073544322654803.jpeg

And in repose, smothered in jungle. Descending was so much smoother, too...maybe I will someday become a modern one-bike mid-travel guy too.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Rain. Late breakfast coffee in my Pikes peak Sasquatch mug, wishing for visiting the great West outdoors soon again.
It turns out that our anniversary was yesterday, which is good as we had much fun. I should service the BB in the mid bike and if things get dry enough, ride a little in the evening perhaps?

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Joe Smith (?) took quite the hit to his head there. I hope he's alright. Good racing.
That was terrifying to watch. :fie:
Johannes Fischbach had a bad crash earlier this week and walked away from it. Frame cracked, so he was out.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
15 years at my same job :banghead: just a couple more and I am done working for good :dance:

Bought new pillows yesterday and slept like a brick. no neck or back pain this morning, who knew? Going to spend today attempting to get through a couple of hundred pages of recert review for some DOT stuff

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Swimming accomplished. Got out just as it was starting to get crowded. Still wish I had my in own pool. Gonna maybe clean the basement some after lunch. Perhaps fajitas for dinner?

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Is it worth buying all the crap I will need to fully rebuild a Reverb post, or just buy something else? They seem a bit over-engineered for the purpose.

I tried bleeding and repressurizing it. No dice.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Is it worth buying all the crap I will need to fully rebuild a Reverb post, or just buy something else? They seem a bit over-engineered for the purpose.

I tried bleeding and repressurizing it. No dice.
Turn the bike upside down with the seat up, lower the seat slowly when upside down, put it back on wheels and let the seat slowly rise again. The seatpost has been like this since new, welcome to the world of Reverbs.

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Turn the bike upside down with the seat up, lower the seat slowly when upside down, put it back on wheels and let the seat slowly rise again. The seatpost has been like this since new, welcome to the world of Reverbs.

If it worked before, it doesn't after the bleed...tried 10x.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Afternoon. Drilling some holes for some project of Sq-Earls. He loves giving me these annoying tasks, but it involves power tools so that's cool. Poured rain over night and into the morning so probably no ride today. Might go watch a student's baseball game later...he's the oldest's best friend so we try to see him play whenever we can. Watching the Olympics gymnastics with my gymnasts later too.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Went on a little hike with the family in the morning.

Watched Toy Story 1 with middle kid as elder kid went swimming with her friend and youngest kid napped.

Working 5-10 for $ this evening.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
watched some hardine but will do the replay tonight. apparently it had rained a fair amount last night where we rode-damn it was swampy and humid. GROSS.

kid got a flat at the very end of the ride. discovered there was a tube in it his tire, which was both an ardent and really worn down. fortunately i'd ordered a new rear tire for him a while ago, which automagically arrived while we were gone. easiest, quickest ghetto tubeless conversion i've ever done.

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
After around 13-14 years without a DH bike, I took my new to me bike on its maiden voyage today after breaking out my museum ready spine/shoulder/chest protection.

I’m betting I was slowest guy on the mountain today. I’d also bet I was having more fun than anyone there.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
take comfort in the fact depending on rust you can get anywhere between 15k to 25k for your lamdcruiser...
Why you trying to sell him short?

DBFF1B86-3597-4ADC-B9EF-808CDFC0259B.jpeg

Why must I feel great 6 days if the week, and like absolute ass the one day I have to do what I want? Time to start taking thursdays off I guess. Chased the kid around the park, then dealt with an angry toddler refusing to eat the rest of the day, yay.

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
It's definitely not Bring a Trailer territory I don't think. There's evidence of a front end collision and the driver door doesn't sit perfectly...but it's a wonderful vehicle. I plan on driving it and my daughter wants it someday...any value is just a side benefit.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
It's definitely not Bring a Trailer territory I don't think. There's evidence of a front end collision and the driver door doesn't sit perfectly...but it's a wonderful vehicle. I plan on driving it and my daughter wants it someday...any value is just a side benefit.
I can relate. I have a bunch of old Legos I could cash in for a few grand easy. I'm enjoying play with them with my kids way more.