Quantcast

***Sundaze GMT***

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I happened to flip on the TV this morning and saw some cool track and field finals. Women's triple jump, and men's 100m. Neat-o.

I slept over 10 hours last night and the dogs allowed it. That never happens. Off to Costco now...lemme know if you guys need anything.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Woke up a bit early due to the time change. Conveniently, so did the spousal unit

nothing much planned otherwise. Bruised foot is still bruised so just lounging around, trolling Twitter, reading a few books.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Flying home today. Still can't figure out how Boise justifies a per/sqft housing px higher than Denver-metro with a lower population, lower population growth, and more "in demand" build able land (ie not on the plains).

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Hung out with the parents yesterday and saw the fattest child I've ever laid eyes upon. Kid must have been 4 years old and couldn't even get up a small set of stairs without laying on them and pulling each leg up individually. That's like child abuse levels of fat.

And awful "Mormon-y".
Great place to sell sunscreen though.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Flying home today. Still can't figure out how Boise justifies a per/sqft housing px higher than Denver-metro with a lower population, lower population growth, and more "in demand" build able land (ie not on the plains).
Have you not checked Denver prices recently? Zestimate for my house is just under a cool million now.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Have you not checked Denver prices recently? Zestimate for my house is just under a cool million now.
Sorry, but it ain't worth that. Same as the fact that mine ain't worth ~$845k.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Your comparing Denver and Boise... would you rather go to the Treasure Valley or the Front Range?

Also Boise is already full. To get a real idea of what's happening in Boise look at Meridian, Nampa, Eagle, and Idaho City.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Your comparing Denver and Boise... would you rather go to the Treasure Valley or the Front Range?

Also Boise is already full. To get a real idea of what's happening in Boise look at Meridian, Nampa, Eagle, and Idaho City.
Referring to the metro-areas. The house I was talking about is in Meridian.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Referring to the metro-areas. The house I was talking about is in Meridian.
Its apples and oranges - 10 years ago none of the Boise suburbs were anything more than podunk towns separated by farmlands. The connective sprawl is young and still being shaped (haphazardly) while Denver metro has been filling in for decades. Boise is the land of opportunity and it's new, hip, and trendy (LOL). Not really, but the Californians think so.

IMO, Boise is starting to compare with SLC these days. Downtown Boise is still a long ways from downtown Denver. 15 years ago Boise felt like a half abandoned logging town.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Irrational exuberance?
in ten years after all the ex californians have bought up everything in idaho...wyoming...montana....texas and colorado it will be nebrskans bitching about the influx of cali people...

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Its apples and oranges - 10 years ago none of the Boise suburbs were anything more than podunk towns separated by farmlands. The connective sprawl is young and still being shaped (haphazardly) while Denver metro has been filling in for decades. Boise is the land of opportunity and it's new, hip, and trendy (LOL). Not really, but the Californians think so.

IMO, Boise is starting to compare with SLC these days. Downtown Boise is still a long ways from downtown Denver. 15 years ago Boise felt like a half abandoned logging town.
That's what I'm getting at. How does $/sqft outpace Denver right now?

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Looking good. I hope it is meeting your expectations.
It is, for serious. Can't wait to get the dropper back on.

My super XC buddy got off his Giant Anthem for 100m on this and is already asking where he can get one... oddly there's one on Pro's Closet right now.

Some Salvadorans seem to think the raw finish denotes it is a POS Walmart bike and a few have had jaw dropping moments of exotic brand recognition lol.

The Xfusion 34mm fork is a perfect balance for it. I might drop it 10mm of travel. Love the DVO's feel and stupid-easy compression mode lever. I am confused at how to get the bladder pressure set well. Seems like it's hard to get it unthreaded without losing an ton of air as I back it out. Probably just the shape of my particular pump's Schrader connection.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
It is, for serious. Can't wait to get the dropper back on.

My super XC buddy got off his Giant Anthem for 100m on this and is already asking where he can get one... oddly there's one on Pro's Closet right now.

Some Salvadorans seem to think the raw finish denotes it is a POS Walmart bike and a few have had jaw dropping moments of exotic brand recognition lol.

The Xfusion 34mm fork is a perfect balance for it. I might drop it 10mm of travel. Love the DVO's feel and stupid-easy compression mode lever. I am confused at how to get the bladder pressure set well. Seems like it's hard to get it unthreaded without losing an ton of air as I back it out. Probably just the shape of my particular pump's Schrader connection.
My dvo shock does the same thing. The volume on the bladder is so low, that any leak or anything is very much exaggerated.

But yeah, that shock feels good!