Quantcast

***Sundaze GMT***

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Also heading biking with my wife, her first day on her new DH rig. She's been flying on her old DH bike so I need to make sure the brakes are both rubbing on this new one to slow her down.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Work then Work :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Trying to wake up. I know its bad when my travel mug slips out of my hand and spills some espresso on the ground. One good thing about working as the EMT at horse shows. 99% for the people here are female and most are very fit. And when its this hot out lots of ladies in shorts and tank tops . Makes work much more tolerable

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
@eric strt6

hey....a friend was drinking at a bar thursday night and the next thing she knows she has had a nose full of narcan and is in the back of a ambulance and spending friday in the ER....

fun night....

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Roofies aren’t reversed by narcan, no?

I’m at a gate at SEA, headed back to DEN. Embraer 175 with enhanced winglets, Delta says.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Strange fatigue all week and my thumb still hurts so no riding all this week :-(

All I could muster was some light gardening and a cold beer as a reward. I sure hope next week will be better hate missing a good late summer weekend this way. We did have a good time with one of my sons old friends from NYC visiting. It was nice for the boys to get a slice of home again since we have not been back in a long time.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Strange fatigue all week and my thumb still hurts so no riding all this week :-(

All I could muster was some light gardening and a cold beer as a reward. I sure hope next week will be better hate missing a good late summer weekend this way. We did have a good time with one of my sons old friends from NYC visiting. It was nice for the boys to get a slice of home again since we have not been back in a long time.
RONA!

:panic:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Much bikes, many vert.

Wife at the back in the red goggles on her brand new Commencal Supreme DH 29-27.
@Nick with the blue and Mike on the right.

In the words of my wife on the way home, "I effing love my new bike."

20210815_115729_resized.jpg

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Two laps at Winter Park with Haley. Got hailed on Haley went down after washing out on a wet root. I've been fighting with her about needing to wear armor and better gear, but she just won't do it.

On her first lap, she was carrying a steady 15mph+ pace on descents today, so I finally said fuck it and made her get some shorts and a long sleeve jersey. She went down halfway down the second lap, and the jersey and shorts clearly helped. Need to order a selection of kids elbow and knee pads for her to try on and get the beat fitting ones.

Saw @Nick, @6thElement, and that collection as well. Didn't do laps with them, as I wasn't feeling like pushing. Still pretty off from my last collection of crashes. Might want to do a few days and just start at the greens to work my way back up...

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
AQI was 112 with 100* temps. Fucking air and dirt were matching shades of tan Wify is heading out in the camper with her horse for two days of lessons with the Olympic Dressage coach then she comes back for an hour then heads back out to judge at the Jr Regionals for the weekend. I'm going to try to go fish at least one day next weekend (too smoky to ride).

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Occasionally I start to feel old and decrepit then I go on a ride or hike with some of my friends 15 years younger than me and I get irritated about how slow and weak they are.

Last edited: