Quantcast

***sundaze GMT***

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Neighborhood block party last night. Rain stopped early in the afternoon, so the weather was actually quite nice. Cooled off to the low 70s, and some of the humidity burned off. They blocked off the cul de sac down the street from us. Plenty of space for everyone. Taco truck and shaved ice truck. Byob. Was nice catching up with a few neighbors. Tired now, have been waking up between 4 and 5 the last few mornings. 50/50 on actually getting back to sleep.

Not much on tap today, might mow the lawn, but not sure if it's dry enough after all the rain yesterday.

My son starts first grade tomorrow. Maybe I'll take him for a bike ride.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
hey hey here

took a second FTP test yesterday which put my score where I expected it to be. Could probably do better with fresh legs but I'm at least satisfied that it's accurate.

Decided to build a fire and make smores with the kids. The second I lit the fire, it started sprinkling. That sprinkle turned into a downpour and we ended up roasting marshmellows under an umbrella. Pretty hilarious.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
great just great. Starting the day at 65F going up to 102F . The current AQI is 170 which is about where it started yesterday and climbed up to 429. Another day wearing an N95 just to cut down the particulates going into my lungs. Still hurts to breath after that nasty shit yesterday.

Espresso, eggs and bacon then off to the first aid station.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
hey hey here

took a second FTP test yesterday which put my score where I expected it to be. Could probably do better with fresh legs but I'm at least satisfied that it's accurate.

Decided to build a fire and make smores with the kids. The second I lit the fire, it started sprinkling. That sprinkle turned into a downpour and we ended up roasting marshmellows under an umbrella. Pretty hilarious.
Tree-FIddy.jpg

?

More riding bikes on new trails this morning. Then we'll be traffic this afternoon.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
great just great. Starting the day at 65F going up to 102F . The current AQI is 170 which is about where it started yesterday and climbed up to 429. Another day wearing an N95 just to cut down the particulates going into my lungs. Still hurts to breath after that nasty shit yesterday.
That must be super healthy for the riders and horses, why don't they cancel the show?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Got the email from Comp Center for Haley's skiing this winter last night and finally had a chance to read it. They are going back to full day (9-3) from last year's half day (9-12), with no half day option. The price adjusted accordingly... Wifey doesn't like idea of a full day, because she doesn't like skiing a full day and doesn't want to spend half a day waiting for Haley to finish her day. I can't teach Haley anything at this point, nor can I push her, as she's a better skier than me. Kind of crappy spot to be stuck in. Half day was really awesome.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Got the email from Comp Center for Haley's skiing this winter last night and finally had a chance to read it. They are going back to full day (9-3) from last year's half day (9-12), with no half day option. The price adjusted accordingly... Wifey doesn't like idea of a full day, because she doesn't like skiing a full day and doesn't want to spend half a day waiting for Haley to finish her day. I can't teach Haley anything at this point, nor can I push her, as she's a better skier than me. Kind of crappy spot to be stuck in. Half day was really awesome.
She can hang out with Jessica and drink mimosas in the afternoon, maybe from my house’s ||Deck.

I am now 17 hrs post shot 3 of BNT/Pfizer. Sore deltoid and very mild myalgia. No fever or chills thus far.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
You don't have to teach her anything... just go ski with her. A lot.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Haley just had a shit fit and is refusing to get out of bed to ride. Or even eat breakfast for that matter. Wifey and I are going and she'll be staying at home w/ Hannah and grandma. With no TV, tablets, laptop, or phone - indefinitely - and her friends aren't allowed over either. There are ways to converse want to/not do something and she took the wrong track this morning...

Buy a house they said...
Have kids they said...

Fuck it. I'm going for a bike ride.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Haley just had a shit fit and is refusing to get out of bed to ride. Or even eat breakfast for that matter. Wifey and I are going and she'll be staying at home w/ Hannah and grandma. With no TV, tablets, laptop, or phone - indefinitely - and her friends aren't allowed over either. There are ways to converse want to/not do something and she took the wrong track this morning...

Buy a house they said...
Have kids they said...

you need a podcast big guy....

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
when you need a ride....you should not be dictating to the person picking you up the wait time....

unless you want to be told to fuck off.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Day 4 of teh stomach flu for the kiddo and day 2.5 for the wife, still has not gotten me. Kids Covid test came back negative, and he seems to be in much better shape today, so at least he can go back to daycare tomorrow. Hoping the wife feels better enough this afternoon that she can watch the minion snd I can get a ride in.

Last nights burger was out ducking standing! 8oz patty, little bacon grease in the pan, extra cheese to create a bit of a cheese skit. Perfection.
0DE1A9CE-B63B-4941-B448-B64393CA8137.jpeg
4504B43A-C600-414D-9877-4E1871FEBE52.jpeg

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

Buy a house they said...
Have kids they said...

Which one of you did she inherit this from? :busted:

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
*planning* on a r0@d ride with a friend, and then a Targhee lap solo…but I won’t be surprised or bummed if only one of those happen. I already have 22,000 verts this week…shooting for over 50k this month. It’s been a good month.

in other news, this is the dumbest local story I could find and share with you. But it does involve alcohol and mountain biking, so maybe not that bad after all?

Last edited:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Afternoon folks. Busy morning for me...made pulled pork and slaw; chocolate covered strawberries to go on top of a chocolate cupcake filled with strawberry filling and topped with a whipped chocolate ganache (it's SO GOOD :drool: ). Discovered a leaky pipe and fixed that...cleaned up the mess in the kitchen; drank too much coffee and have been milling some lumber but now it's time to shower and get ready to pamper my mom for her birthday!

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Well. We got Haley to ride. Which was nice. Sitting at ER. Wifey ran off trail and went over the bars hard and landed on her head/neck/shoulders. So... Yeah. Girls are hanging out with MIL.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Sounds like just a really hard soft tissue hit. Dr is imaging, just to make sure, but that's more just to placate her.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Confirmed. Nothing broken. Just anti-inflammatories and muscle relaxants to help offset the hurt some.