Quantcast

***Sundaze GMT***

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
That visa comes with one tiny catch - it requires you to stay at least 183 days, making you a Spanish tax payer on top of being a US tax payer. Intended for well-off retirees.
There is a double taxation agreement that should not make you have to pay double. If you are not living in the US for more than 180 days, would you still have to pay tax there? If you still have income yes, but otherwise not me thinks.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
There is a double taxation agreement that should not make you have to pay double. If you are not living in the US for more than 180 days, would you still have to pay tax there? If you still have income yes, but otherwise not me thinks.

If you are a US citizen, you file your tax return every year in the US regardless where you live or pay income taxes. The double taxation treaties reduce the taxes in a non-residency country, but you still have to file and deal with a shitload of paperwork and I do not recommend. Also, it appears that you're not supposed to have any foreign income when in Spain on that visa, no loans/mortgages either.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
If you are a US citizen, you file your tax return every year in the US regardless where you live or pay income taxes. The double taxation treaties reduce the taxes in a non-residency country, but you still have to file and deal with a shitload of paperwork and I do not recommend. Also, it appears that you're not supposed to have any foreign income when in Spain on that visa, no loans/mortgages either.
If I read this right, a non-working income is OK. But the mortages/loan is an issue.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Wifey is a CPA, she will figure it out. She has a lot of clients living as expats, both here and abroad. We have a few years to sort it out. Probably will be under 183 days anyway.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Tire blow out on the highway. Im about 2.5 hrs into this, just now finally got confirmation of a tow truck on the way.

No spare?

My car didn't come with one, I did some horse trading and found one that would fit into my diminutive spare well. I spend too much time on forests roads, where I am most likely to get a flat, well outside cell service and the ability to call for help.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Tire blow out on the highway. Im about 2.5 hrs into this, just now finally got confirmation of a tow truck on the way.
The new* snow tires? That blows, because that means 4 tires... Sure you can sell 3 on CL.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Wasn't paying attention and closed thumb in car door. Fucking hurts.

Went to try new mattresses out. We found one at a hotel in CA that was glorious for both of us, but took is until today to figure out what the consumer (vs. hotel) model is. Went and laid on it for about 30min and was ready to fall asleep after about 3min. After work tomorrow, will be heading over to mattress store to order it.