Quantcast

***Sundaze GMT***

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Finished the welding needed to prep my I beams for the bridge project. So excited. Then received a call that one of my retired LBS buddies put one through his brain yesterday. Hey get fucked buddy! Good luck with that. I'm going to miss him.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
@boostindoubles sorry to hear about that and sorry that you have to go through the aftermath. Is that the shop that was closing up?

Ventured down to the lake for a beer. We thought it was windy at the house, but holy crap. Saw one dudes ice fishing tent go cartwheeling towards the shore. Had to be careful on the ice, so as to not become a snow angel :D

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
The closest family friend of my parents growing up died today. They were uncle and auntie to us.

Last summer he was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. The cancer did not respond to treatment. You know how this ends.

He was 65.

Damn it.

Last edited:

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Also, I don’t fill gas that often, but laughed when I went to the pump this weekend. $1.71/l. Feel like a chump with the way pricing works. I wonder if it will accelerate the shift to electric?

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Jeezus, I hate Bob's Burgers. I know the show was written by people like me for people like me and I'm 100% their target audience, and maybe that's why it falls so flat...like they're not even trying...feels like it came out of an artificial intelligence targeting me for what I should like.

I mean, I've loved all of Loren Bouchard's other stuff, from Home Movies on. This feels like it's just phoning it in and demanding I like it.

It's not even entirely unfunny. I just hate it.

And my wife and now my daughter won't stop watching six and a half seasons every day and night.

Edit: Also, I had an epic climb ride today to the Avatar Tree. And a wasp stung me in the damned lip while I was standing still. Having access to beer and breakfast 1/3 of the way back down helped...cold bottle. The hot sauce was perhaps a bad idea.

And my chamois in the cheap Zoic liner was unforgiving and now I have suffered in a way biking has never before made me suffer. I think that set is getting thrown out.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Moving my crap today, I have a lot of crap, FTS.

All painting related tasks = kill list

Gotta get some touch up paint for old dining room, kill list, but at least I was smart enough to keep the paint chip with all the paint info written on it.
Not done yet, but was busy cleaning up 9 door jambs and trim that the prior owners had done a horrific, borderline criminal job painting. I'm going down to wood in most places; they didn't bother roughing up the poly'd wood beneath so now it's either flaking off or gumming up under the sander. Good fun.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
17k steps and 45 flights of stairs later it’s time for a Wild Turkey and some cake. Tons of small stuff moved, trailer parked up on the side yard of the new place, dogs got to check it out, the dog door is going to take some more training, but the kid has it wired. Movers coming tomorrow to handle the big ungainly shit, then we can actually live at the new place. I had no idea how much light and noise pollution there was at my current house, but goddamn, the tranquility at the new joint is insane!

Not done yet, but was busy cleaning up 9 door jambs and trim that the prior owners had done a horrific, borderline criminal job painting. I'm going down to wood in most places; they didn't bother roughing up the poly'd wood beneath so now it's either flaking off or gumming up under the sander. Good fun.
If you haven’t already, wipe that stuff down with deglosser/sanding goop, makes a world of difference on latex paint, or really any paint. A sander you can slow down helps too, but nothing makes it not suck.

If you haven’t bought new paint yet I’d look for a Dunn Edwards store and score some Aristishield. It’s spendy, $65/gallon, but it’s the only trim paint I can easily get good results with, also sands amazingly well after 24hours. That and BIN primer, that shit sticks to anything.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
My job is weird, I am a mechanic, job one- Fix framing gun bracketry, job two, try to work out what is wrong with a load cell on a wool press.
Part of me wishes my boss wouldn't tell people that we can fix pretty much anything, but the other part enjoys doing some weird stuff. I draw the line at tractor cranes, fuck those things to hell!

P_20220218_131417.jpg
P_20220218_154402.jpg
IMGP1456.jpg

Excuse the undercut weld, the roof light was reflecting off the inside of my helmet but I stupidly kept welding.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
17k steps and 45 flights of stairs later it’s time for a Wild Turkey and some cake. Tons of small stuff moved, trailer parked up on the side yard of the new place, dogs got to check it out, the dog door is going to take some more training, but the kid has it wired. Movers coming tomorrow to handle the big ungainly shit, then we can actually live at the new place. I had no idea how much light and noise pollution there was at my current house, but goddamn, the tranquility at the new joint is insane!

If you haven’t already, wipe that stuff down with deglosser/sanding goop, makes a world of difference on latex paint, or really any paint. A sander you can slow down helps too, but nothing makes it not suck.

If you haven’t bought new paint yet I’d look for a Dunn Edwards store and score some Aristishield. It’s spendy, $65/gallon, but it’s the only trim paint I can easily get good results with, also sands amazingly well after 24hours. That and BIN primer, that shit sticks to anything.
Never heard of Dunn Edward's. Round here it's all Benjamin Moore and Sherwin Williams. Ended up getting the $$$ Sherwin Williams trim enamel paint that was $90/gal. Sure hope it lives up to the price.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Never heard of Dunn Edward's. Round here it's all Benjamin Moore and Sherwin Williams. Ended up getting the $$$ Sherwin Williams trim enamel paint that was $90/gal. Sure hope it lives up to the price.
Sherwin is good shit, that’s probably their equivalent to the DE stuff, but at retail instead of commercial price. Hopefully it goes on If you know the name of a good painter in your area just give the store their name and pay with a card, counter guys hardly ever care about handing out “industry” pricing if you’re paying in full, they just need a name.