Quantcast

***Sundaze GMT***

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
got the man flu again. Feel just bad enough to not want to leave the couch, but not turn off all the lights and go to sleep bad. Had a good trainer ride yesterday but I can't get the consistency I need right now.

Watching the snow fall down, we might get an inch but that's it.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
I cleared about a foot of heavier stuff last night before I went to bed. So glad I did that. Broken plows and snow clearing companies all in the roads. Couple downed trees. Good times.
The first time I visited Tahoe, the snow was so classically high that we were getting in and out of my friend’s house through the second floor balcony. There was like 30 feet where the plows had put snow. Crews would spend all day just clearing out stop signs.
Was ridiculous.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
won’t the truly fancy people fly in on their private jets

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Today was net success. 6/7 (thanks to a DNF), but what really matters is 1) progress and 2) finishing. After talking with others, kids actually finishing their first race is not that common - usually it's something that takes them off-track.

She dropped from 1min down to :40sec throughout the day. She got lapped by 1-2 who were in a wild race, and got out of the way (while in tight turns) so as to not impact them or substantially impact herself. We also met a bunch more parents/kids. One dad from K1 hear that her engine wasn't idling correctly and before she went out for her heat race made a quick adjustment - that race she dropped 4sec alone!

Lots of things were learned, as we're finding daily. But getting better at it. We also have a group who we should be putting with going forward, which will be helpful.