Quantcast

***Sundaze GMT***

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
1.5 hour slow road ride. Felt good and took slow just trying to get the legs in a good shape too. Been dealing with sore hip and knee from riding the spinning bike.

pigboy

in a galaxy far, far away
spent yesterday's free time playing with VCV Rack Free, a free modular synthesizer. Need to find a 9volt dc power supply for my ancient Roland keyboard.

any musicians out there with a pile of negative tip 9volt wall warts who can help a brother out?

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
well hello there children

yesterday I did a power meter comparison test between my outdated and SRAMmed powertap C1 and my still supported Assiomas only to find a few watt difference between the two...so it looks like I'm keeping the C1 and will find a crankset to fit. So now I need to decide between a reliable, well designed used Shimano crankset and a weird Chinese crankset that won't work half as well but sure looks cool. Decisions decisions....

Had a wonderful dinner last night with like a 16oz strip steak covered in peppercorn then spent the evening messing with bikes. Pretty decent.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Up early to buy a mailbox post. Begrudgingly spent $33 to buy a poorly made but pre-done unit, mostly because the wife would kill me if I sunk 2 hours into making one that largely looks the same but is just nicer. :rofl:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Going to get the interior (mostly) back in Frita today. I finally made a list of all the shit that needs doing on it and it's a lot. But I have a plan and we will be glamping this spring, bitches.

Also oddly excited about the race today. I would love to see Jordan Taylor with zero NASCAR experience out drive all these hicks. He's won a lot of races for Corvette Racing, but NASCAR at COTA could be nutty. He qualified 4th.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
so how much karting are you doing today eh

/me is working the second day of the weekend. The 5-10 peoples left the overnight people a mess who then left the daytime people including me a mess (on any given weekend day we have a body, MSK, neuro, and chest rad all on so the mess gets distributed based off of our subspecialties).

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
spent yesterday's free time playing with VCV Rack Free, a free modular synthesizer. Need to find a 9volt dc power supply for my ancient Roland keyboard.

any musicians out there with a pile of negative tip 9volt wall warts who can help a brother out?
Sorry.No extra warts here. I converted to running mostly One Spot and Cioks for pedals so I could just buy adapters. Shouldn’t be more than around $15-20 for a wart depending on mA needs.

How’s VCV rack for you? I usually use my real rack but I’ve considered trying it virtual. I do have NI Blocks in Reaktor so I’ve done some virtual patching there too.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
so how much karting are you doing today eh

/me is working the second day of the weekend. The 5-10 peoples left the overnight people a mess who then left the daytime people including me a mess (on any given weekend day we have a body, MSK, neuro, and chest rad all on so the mess gets distributed based off of our subspecialties).
None. Hannah is with Wifey today and Haley is off to the mall. I get to work on my CFP classwork and equation studies.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
morning, my back is stiff and a little tender but no where near the pain I was in yesterday. Off to work in a bit to get 14 vehicles inspected by the insurance company that we transport patients for. It's our twice a year safety gear inspection.

My FTS level is very high

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Well, those were two greasy-ass, slippery EndurBro laps at the local DH track. Super fun. Felt great and strong on the bike, and actually made a smart decision to do two laps instead of three as the shoulder was a wee bit cranky.
PXL_20230326_141001329_copy_1600x1205.jpg
PXL_20230326_141005856_copy_1600x1205.jpg

The grade percentage tells the story for such a slipper ride.
58ACF7C6-BA93-4D45-9737-3B0FF24512C9.jpeg

Last edited:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Finishing the maple syrup production for the season today (I think). Just found out my cousin's husband and her brother (also my cousin) were in a very serious car accident last night. They were hit head on by a young driver whose speed was estimated at 70+mph (in a 55). Driver and my cousin did not survive, her husband was airlifted with several critical injuries. Not the news I thought I would get from talking with her today....definitely sucks!
Laundry and boiling sap on the docket and then I might try to get some things packed for our upcoming trip.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Holy fuck, just got a message from a friend and fellow horse show EMT asking me to cover his shows for a while.. his wife was riding her horse on their property and didn't come in for dinner so he went to look for her. He found he face down in the arena, stone cold and not breathing. Fatal heart attack .

Last edited:

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
Holy fuck, just got a message from a friend and fellow horse show EMT asking me to cover his shows for a while.. his wife was riding her horse on their property and didn't come in for dinner so he went to look for her. He found he face down in the arena, stone cold and not breathing. Fatal heart attack .
Sorry to hear.