Quantcast

</> Sundeeeeeeeeeeeerpday GMT </>

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
14* and light frost/snow. Glad I rode yesterday.
Coffee, bacon & eggs, and filling a crock pot with pot roast & veggies for later.
Feeling better?

I should go wash the wife’s car today, because car wash subscription.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
16* and snowing properly.

Didn't get our errands done yesterday because Hannah was fussy and we've figured out why, she's sick - has thrown up 3x since midnight. Glad I got snows on the Subaru, because I'm finishing them today.

Kittens are also slightly sick. We had to take them to get fluids yesterday and were given antibiotics (which Hannah promptly dumped on the floor).

Also discovered that Wifey's him surgery was way cheaper than expected, so we have an extra $1800 in or FSA that goes away at EOY. I'll be getting new prescription sunglasses for the first time in years. Why are all multi-lens glasses go fucking ugly now? They look like they've come out of the 80's. Given I use dark and clear lenses depending on conditions, looks like I might be getting two different pairs... What colors do everybody use? I tend to wear my clear most of the time, just because my dark lenses are too dark for tree cover and my red lenses aren't great.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
14* and light frost/snow. Glad I rode yesterday.
Coffee, bacon & eggs, and filling a crock pot with pot roast & veggies for later.
I bought 8# of chuck roast at Costco for $25 last weekend. You need to get a membership (or borrow mine) just for that shit type of shit. Get slabs of meat, shrink wrap it, and freeze until needed.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
should ridden yesterday. rainy here this morning. dammit. maybe it'll be better by the afternoon?

gonna throw a pork shoulder in the slow cooker in a few.

for now, coffee on the porch.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Feeling better?
Much! I credit the ride.
I bought 8# of chuck roast at Costco for $25 last weekend. You need to get a membership (or borrow mine) just for that shit type of shit. Get slabs of meat, shrink wrap it, and freeze until needed.
I paid $2.97/lb for this roast, same or slightly less than your Costco roast, and I prefer to buy/eat fresh when I can.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
8 freedums and light snow up here. Hopefully it's dumping on all the wild fires.

@stoney I've been trying to find a decent pair of transitions sunglasses that won't cost $600. Lately I've just been wearing my normal cheapish Zenni transitions, but I want more coverage from the sun and debris while riding.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Not feeling much like riding today. Might be fighting a cold and I don't want to push myself. Gloomy days and just a lack of motivation.

Highland on Friday was both great and awful. Trails were their usual poorly maintained selves, but fun nontheless. The lift line was bonkers though. Running back to back, we were only able to get like 7 runs in all day. Plus, not a single asshole besides myself was wearing a mask. There was a reasonable amount of social distancing, but not enough when the lines weaves back and forth against itself. I kept my mask on all day and tried not to get close to any new hampshirians. if I get COVID and die, it's probably because of this shithole.

Plus, woody pulled a sneaky on me and told me the guy he wanted to ride with refused to go to thunder, only to have that dude say he wanted to make it out to thunder some time. haha, fool me once (this is like the 19th time dave has pulled this shit).