Quantcast

</> Sundeeeeeeeeeeeerpday GMT </>

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Back still hurts. Avoided riding spicy trails to preserve the back, concluded non spicy trails weren't worth the sub freezing conditions.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Coldest I've seen on my car thermometer pulling up to the trailhead was -5 freedum units. That was about the coldest I'd go and still consider it fun.

I'd venture to say the Canadian monkeys are a lot tougher and ride even colder regularly....or smarter and stay home and drink.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Some kid was shot by a hunter near some local trails. Doesn't sound like a rider, but details are still scarce as it's under investigation. Nockamixon for anyone in the area.

Edit: shooting doesn't sound like it was fatal, but still. Victim was 18

Last edited:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
first year of fatbike

subsequent years of fatbike
:stupid:

Or ride the indoor bike park on the DJ.

-18°C is my lower limit for fat biking. Below that, the gear gets cumbersome and it's less about riding and more about surviving.

I'll also consider xc skiing if the snow is good.

Last edited:

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
:Stupid:

Or ride the indoor bike park on the DJ.

-18°C is my lower limit for fat biking. Below that, the gear gets cumbersome and it's less about riding and more about surviving.

I'll also consider xc skiing if the snow is good.
I've done the -32c once. I thought my nostrils would weld together for good.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Did a pleasant 27 mile ride in Illinois while in my basement.

Then took the DSO for a walk, it's 3 freedums here.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Some kid was shot by a hunter near some local trails. Doesn't sound like a rider, but details are still scarce as it's under investigation. Nockamixon for anyone in the area.

Edit: shooting doesn't sound like it was fatal, but still. Victim was 18
Rifle, shotgun, or bow? Sucks regardless, the first rule of hunting is to know what you are shooting. It really isn't too much to ask, but apparently some people just can't be inconvenienced.

The key to riding skinnies is to relax your shoulders and keep your head up.
And to stay on the skinny. That usually helps. Oh, and enough speed to maintain balance.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Back when I was racing and riding DH I used to ride skinnies around town as a way to clear my head. There were lots of long parking curbs and elevated retaining walls to play on. The narrowest one was probably the width of a 2x4. The only way I could stay on was to stay relaxed and seated. Hardest thing you can do on a bike is ride it in a straight line going slow. Off the ground and you can tense up easier. Gotta stay relaxed.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!