Quantcast

***Sunderp GMT***

Set out yesterday to dispose of trash, then ride.

Accomplished the former, then discovered that a tire on the van was leaking badly (The Express does TPMS right - reports actual pressure, wheel by wheel). When the pressure got down to 18, pulled over and proceeded to thrash wildly with the floor pump. A young woman stopped and offered the use of a 12 V electric pump, which was pretty hopeless. Turns out she's a rider and a ski coach at a local college. I thanked her and continued towards home, stopped halfway for another thrashing session, and managed to pull in to the driveway at 12 PSIG.

Did some garden work, then took the 275 out for a trial run. Had to make some minor adjustments, but much BSEG ensued.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Set out yesterday to dispose of trash, then ride.

Accomplished the former, then discovered that a tire on the van was leaking badly (The Express does TPMS right - reports actual pressure, wheel by wheel). When the pressure got down to 18, pulled over and proceeded to thrash wildly with the floor pump. A young woman stopped and offered the use of a 12 V electric pump, which was pretty hopeless. Turns out she's a rider and a ski coach at a local college. I thanked her and continued towards home, stopped halfway for another thrashing session, and managed to pull in to the driveway at 12 PSIG.

Did some garden work, then took the 275 out for a trial run. Had to make some minor adjustments, but much BSEG ensued.
So......... did you get her number? For emergency purposes of course.

Looks like a friend is hosting a BBQ and beer night, tonight. I'm going to go over there now and take a nap on his perfectly manicured and comfy grass.

That's all I have in store today. Day 2 of the long weekend.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
i saw it again.

dumbfounded as to how empty the theater was.

fuck comic book movies.
I was saddened to see a line of teens outside Pitch Perfect 2. At least the Mad Max theater wasn't empty. Maybe half full.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Got finagled into working as a show EMT all weekend. would have said no but without and EMT they can't hold the competition. My wife was there as a competitor. She would have killed me if I said no being the last second replacement. On the bright side I came home with $500 in cash in my wallet. I only had one rider come off a horse and they passed all my neuro questions and the head to toe DCAPBTLS rapid assesment with a negative finding

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Seriously, another trail ride ?

That makes six this week. My legs felt heavy and foreign to me when I got of the bike tonight after 2.5+ hours of singletrack.

Might not ride tomorrow. Or might, OCD 123.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
2 days, 2 rides.

The eyes don't work so well in the dusky light, but I managed to beat the darkness in the forest this evening. Cougar sightings be damned...

Actually hit all the tricky bits on a trail that I ride often, but take many of the chicken lines most of the time.

Kinda fun to ride solo and focus on technique.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Now you're getting it. Practice cornering ?
Yep. Was definitely on the edge... Slower, but better leaning and exit speed, I'm sure.

Also slalomed all the way back to the car... Just on pavement, but on a steep road a few hundred yards long. Definitely did some damage to the tires. Very hard to translate that same commitment to the trail though.

Low and slow. Was fun, for sure.