Quantcast

***Sunderp GMT***

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Typical cold wet Fall day outside. Lots of football (NFL) and soccer (EPL & MLS) to be watched today. Bills/Jags game in London starts at 9:30EST.

Hmmm... pop open a brew with breakfast??? :popcorn:

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Finally collecting my 40th bday present today.

Photo shoot in the rainforest to get some cool riding shots.

Prepare to be underwhelmed!

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Drinking coffee in the camper watching ladies walk their horses around the showgrounds in the pre dawn light, Should be a muggy day in the mid 80s. Hopefully no more injuries, yesterdays broken ankle required more than enough paperwork......

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Finally collecting my 40th bday present today.
Finally getting that bitchin' Camaro?

How do school photographers get Mariko to smile on command?

In other news, the Colorado Symphony Orchestra is quite a fine group. Strauss was excellent: Don Quixote, Don Juan, Der Rosenkavalier.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Finally getting that bitchin' Camaro?

How do school photographers get Mariko to smile on command?

In other news, the Colorado Symphony Orchestra is quite a fine group. Strauss was excellent: Don Quixote, Don Juan, Der Rosenkavalier.
No using Linux humour, perhaps?

As for gift, the photo shoot IS the gift. A donation to his foundation covers a photoshoot in the woods. Should be fun!

EDIT: nice boots

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Time to go ride the bicycle. It rained for over 12 hours yesterday, so the trails should be a hoot fest today.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Ran a 5K race this morning. 19:55 and 2nd place out of 124 overall. I was on my game today. :rockout:

The winner beat me by 30 seconds, which in a 5K is a shitload. I got home and ran four more miles because I am all wired up on adrenaline.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Post rain ride that was equal parts wet leaves/pine needles/roots/mossy rock/dirt.
Front tire was making promises the back couldn't keep the entire ride.
Beers, Pats game and hopefully some food on tap for rest of day.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Its amazing how, well, amazing this fall has been for riding.

The leaves were wet today, but even after rain all day yesterday, the trails were pretty dry and only a few mud puddles in random places. It was pretty warm today, too. I started out with just a tshirt and my water proof shell. Quickly realized that I was going to sweat to death in the shell, so I ditched than and grabbed a long sleeve shirt out of my pack. I still managed to break a serious sweat.......though maybe that was beer sweat coming out. Had too many beers this weekend.

Only managed to have two "events" on the ride. Number 1 was a poo-in-pants moment; I was hopping over this log when my shorts got caught on my seat and pulled the rear of the bike up with me. Another millimeter and I would have been going over the bars.

Event NUMBA DEUX, was an incident with a dog. On this flat piece of trail, but littered with rocks, I was gingerly picking my way though. Look up and there is this Chihuahua hiding in the leaves. Almost took it out (or it almost took me out trying to not run it over). No biggie to dodge the fella, but then another 20 feet up the trail are FOUR more of them. Along with their owner who is face down in their phone listening to some boring podcast (on the speaker). Not a care in the world that one of their dogs almost just got run over or that the pack of them were forcing me into the rhubarb. Pretty cool to see a pack of them though!

I even got a little lost.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Hero dirt after the morning rain this evening!
Fixed Reverb seems to be fixed, Saintgura brakes seem to be finally having useful stopping power, Avy shock is in until I fix the Monarch+ that lost damping at the top of the stroke.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Its amazing how, well, amazing this fall has been for riding.

The leaves were wet today, but even after rain all day yesterday, the trails were pretty dry and only a few mud puddles in random places. It was pretty warm today, too. I started out with just a tshirt and my water proof shell. Quickly realized that I was going to sweat to death in the shell, so I ditched than and grabbed a long sleeve shirt out of my pack. I still managed to break a serious sweat.......though maybe that was beer sweat coming out. Had too many beers this weekend.

Only managed to have two "events" on the ride. Number 1 was a poo-in-pants moment; I was hopping over this log when my shorts got caught on my seat and pulled the rear of the bike up with me. Another millimeter and I would have been going over the bars.

Event NUMBA DEUX, was an incident with a dog. On this flat piece of trail, but littered with rocks, I was gingerly picking my way though. Look up and there is this Chihuahua hiding in the leaves. Almost took it out (or it almost took me out trying to not run it over). No biggie to dodge the fella, but then another 20 feet up the trail are FOUR more of them. Along with their owner who is face down in their phone listening to some boring podcast (on the speaker). Not a care in the world that one of their dogs almost just got run over or that the pack of them were forcing me into the rhubarb. Pretty cool to see a pack of them though!

I even got a little lost.

Uxbridge?

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
The biggest determinant of my daily quality of life is whether both girls go down to sleep easily. Tonight both went to sleep easily, therefore life is good in the short term.