Quantcast

***Sunderp GMT***

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Hung over on cheap Canadian beer. Today on the mtn will be rough.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
ACK, spending Sunday night at the Mils because it is close to the Airport and we have a butt crack of dawn flight to DC ( wifes unilateral decision not mine).
She knows whO is in charge and is not afraid to be the boss. Have you opened your heart and home the the MIL yet? She's likely to say no at first but if you ask her repeatedly she'll come around. :)

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
She knows whO is in charge and is not afraid to be the boss. Have you opened your heart and home the the MIL yet? She's likely to say no at first but if you ask her repeatedly she'll come around. :)
When we were waiting to close on our current house we spent 5 months Living with the MIL in our first condo ( two houses ago). No fucking way will I ever invite that bitch to live with us. I would end up either in jail, or divorced and living at the fair grounds in my camper.

Last edited:

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Bagel and lox.
Latte.
Ridemonkey GMT.

May as well go back to bed; the day isn't getting any better. It's all melanoma and paralysis from here.

Drove down and went to Greggah's birthday party yesterday evening.

Rode Massabesic with w00dy and a couple of other friends today.

At the end, front wheel washed out on ice, smacked head, hit a boulder with my right shoulder hard enough to sprain it and crack/sprain some ribs. Got some x-rays on the way home to rule out fracture in shoulder. God damn am I sore. Sternum, both shoulders, back, and neck are complaining.

It was a good ride.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I finished assembling the last of the IKEA furniture. 41 boxes. Thank teh baby jeebus for my impact driver and gyroscopic screwdriver.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I was paid to teach my friends wife to cook Italian style Meatballs and my Sunday Sauce. At first I thought she was drunk, Then I realized she may be slightly retarded. Then I gave up and just made the meatballs myself. She took them home and claimed that she made them. He asked me how much I owe him. I said nothing.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!

At the end, front wheel washed out on ice, smacked head, hit a boulder with my right shoulder hard enough to sprain it and crack/sprain some ribs. Got some x-rays on the way home to rule out fracture in shoulder. God damn am I sore. Sternum, both shoulders, back, and neck are complaining.

It was a good ride.
Sorry to hear about your injuries but it sounds like you had a memorable day!

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210

It was a good ride.
don't bleed on anything that will rust.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008

It was a good ride.
I had a great snow ride up in the mountains today with my wife, minor crash on the ice when my rear wheel spun out. Thankfully my elbow isn't too sore from the landing, annoyed to have put a hole in my jersey though.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
I thank Jesus that I can afford furniture that does not require assembly... bean bag chairs are the bomb!
I may never totally shed my cheap streak, and that's probably a good thing. "High end" IKEA stuff (e.g. MALM) is actually pretty solid.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I may never totally shed my cheap streak, and that's probably a good thing. "High end" IKEA stuff (e.g. MALM) is actually pretty solid.
What I like most about Ikea is the designs, comparables already assembled are much more expendive for basically the the same materials. What I like least is the scale, some items are surprisingly small - our living space is about 2000 square feet between 5 rooms. Small furniture looks awkward with high ceilings too. I once tried to order a full kitchen cabinet set up that would fit in 300 square feet, truck freight to MT was not available for some components of the matching set so I gave up.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Our King bed frame is King sized despite being from IKEA, so no complaints there. We shall see if it becomes a squeaky mess after years of use :pirate: like our cheap-line IKEA queen bed frame that's now relegated for guests. (We did get the guests a new mattress for everyones' peace of mind, at least.)