Quantcast

***Sunderp GMT***

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Another day in the salt pit.

The wife went out to bingo with some of her teacher friends last night. Won tickets to the "3rd Annual Merry Jane Wellness Retreat with Snoop Dogg". To go, or not to go? That is the question. I'm not a fan, and I can't smoke pot, but it seems like a once in a lifetime freakshow I ought not miss.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Howdy.

I'm currently sitting in a parking lot waiting for people to show up. We were supposed to do some trail building, but winter came back and dumped snow on us. Ugh.

I also misjudged travel time and have arrived 45 minutes before the planned meetup time. Derp. I didn't bring enough coffee for this extra wait time. Derp.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Couldn't sleep last night after concert until 1. Kind of bleary eyed today. I hope to nap before my second concert.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
first time in forever that pollen has fucked with me....the shit needs to go away..

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
went out to the us nat'l whitewater centerand chased people with fresher legs than me on some new trails there for 12 up-n-down miles. beers and sammiches now. trailwork in a few.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Travelling ro Syracuse today. Flight from Newark cancelled: have to fly into Crotchfester and drive after midnight. 5 hour layover in Newark. 8 yr old mini me is gonna be BORED. Anyone know of a decent restaurant at the Newark airport?

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
It's blowing Satan's frozen farts out there today. We got a couple inches snow this morning, that is now melted, moar snow coming tomorrow. :panic:

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
I've ridden 7 days straight now. My legs are ready for an off day.

Currently drinking a nice cocktail in my front yard. Going to a friend's place to drink some beers and do more sitting outside, then dinner with another friend from out of town to follow.

Rode with @w00dy, who chose early in the ride to fall off a log and submerge his ass in a morass. When he clambered up, he had a big wad of rotted leaves hanging out from the back of his shirt. I about died laughing, but he was less amused. We rode and rode with a nasty north wind, got real cold and eventually wound up at the house, where I couldn't untie my shoelaces because they were frozen solid. Beers and laundry followed.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
No trail work performed due to all that white stuff on the ground, but we got in a good hike and went out for a decent greasy spoon breakfast after.

Just serviced the Fox CTD shock on the trail bike. I've had that seal kit in my tool box ever since owning the Spitfire v1 frame, but for one reason or another never did it on that bike and haven't done it on this new frame since purchasing it. Not sure why I procrastinated, it literally took about 20 minutes, including the cleanup and waiting for the pillow pack of Float fluid to squirt out. Now just have to wait for new reducers to arrive and then that bike is 100% ready to rolled through some mud.

Now if this god damned snow would just go away and more importantly stay away. It is snowing AGAIN. :banghead:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Just got back from my last concert of the season with Colorado Wind Ensemble. (I'm skipping the last to bring the kids to Japan to see my elderly grandmother.) I must have done something right in this past season playing with them because I got asked to play with them next year as well.

:neo:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
It's blowing Satan's frozen farts out there today. We got a couple inches snow this morning, that is now melted, moar snow coming tomorrow. :panic:
I won't comment on how nice it is here (bit it's mid-60s and sunny) :D

I've ridden 7 days straight now. My legs are ready for an off day.
jeebus. i've ridden 2 days straight (happens about twice a year) and my legs are toast. many beers are being employed for recovery. just realized that there's a big difference between my recent "normal" rides, which are 20-30 mile mountain rides, ascents gravel, descents gnar, and a 15 mile up-n-down trail ride, which i used to do a lot more of.

Last edited:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I made Sauce out of the free tomatoes I was gifted. Did it the hardway. San Marrazanos are always so tasty. Cooked my meatballs in it. Homemade Raviolis from Rubinos.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Woke and made the breakfast for the family, boy went down for his morning nap, mowed the yard for first time this year, shot the bow probably two hundred shots, egg salad lunch, hiked and fished with the boy five miles in, home and making stuffed Bell peppers for dinner, stuffed with antelope burger, brown rice, little BBQ sauce and feta cheese.

Oh And it's been 65 all day and sun is shining. Amazing day

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
bennett. this should include bennett. maybe black. maybe sycamore. if you feel like the other side of 276 maybe farlow. if you feel like roaming, maybe squirrel or pilot. any way you slice it, you're gonna win.
The intended route is up Clawhammer to Black, to Avery, up dirt road passing Bennett, up Club Gap, down Buckwheat, down Bennett.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I made Sauce out of the free tomatoes I was gifted. Did it the hardway. San Marrazanos are always so tasty. Cooked my meatballs in it. Homemade Raviolis from Rubinos.
the hard way = blanching them to remove the peel? I find that's the only way to make good tomatoe sauce, but it's so much work. I usually reserve that for summer when tomatoes are at their most fragrant, and throw it a couple of leaves of basil from the yard. Oddly, I seem to be the only one in the household that appreciates this degree of simplicity....

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
the hard way = blanching them to remove the peel? I find that's the only way to make good tomatoe sauce, but it's so much work. I usually reserve that for summer when tomatoes are at their most fragrant, and throw it a couple of leaves of basil from the yard. Oddly, I seem to be the only one in the household that appreciates this degree of simplicity....
With a box of tomatoes their is only one hardway. Just cleaned up the mess. I have a about a quart left over for meatball sandwich's. Just need bread and cheese.