Quantcast

***Sunderp GMT***

cecil

Turbo Monkey
Jun 3, 2008
with the voices in my head
I have two answers....the choice is the Bronson all day it climed way better than my reign rolled fast there are a couple of jumps where Santa Cruz did their demo that i went big to flat and my 220 fat ass did not bottom it, I used all the suspension but no harsh slam clank bottom out.....but for where I live East of rochester NY a big hill is 800' of elevation and the trails are not that rough and rowdy so if I were to spend $8000 I would get the 5010 it climbed a little faster would be less tiring on a 30-40 mile ride that included 8-10 road miles getting from trail to trail. both bikes fit well railed corners i am quite impressed looking into an on line dental school now
Sorry for the run on sentences and garbled thoughts

Nothing like a good hard dirt ride with a bike fresh out of the shop where everything works loke it was brand new.

Good on you. My experience with bikes right out of the shop has been less impressive.

View attachment 122303 View attachment 122302 I had a good ride also. Nothing to crazy or long. Climbed Pinnacle without dabbing for the first time this year. Conditions are pretty good. Fun by myself.... jdcamb selfie...
Nice ramps.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Flight home was due to land in Denver at 5, they aborted the landing and diverted us to South Dakota...yay :/

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Rain finally stopped in the afternoon. Did a bunch of yard work, then rode a little. Playing with a new GPS watch with a heart rate monitor, and I think it is telling me to HTFU and to get faster rolling tires.

Now Troegs IPA and beef curry stew.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Well I either broke or severly bruised the small toe on my right foot when I smacked the side of a boulder coming of a jump in a rock garden today. It is very tender to the touch, even the side of my tennis shoe makes it hurt. It was worth the price of admission though.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Hey Serial Midget, have you ridden at Lost Trail? Thinking about attending a small shuttle festival there in September, trying to get some beta. You should come down for the Wydaho Festival at Targhee!
Nope, I haven't ventured out that way... even when I lived in Butte. I have heard good feedback on Whydaho, lots people there, 102 days away.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Nope, I haven't ventured out that way... even when I lived in Butte. I have heard good feedback on Whydaho, lots people there, 102 days away.
Wydaho festival is a absolute BLAST. DH, XC, casual or competitive, whatever your flavor. Demos galore, bands, food, any kind of ride.
It's a good time...
http://tetonbikefest.org/

The lost trail festival looks fun, appears to be very new and 'grass rootsy'. Which could mean chill, a clusterfuck, an epic, or (given the date) a snow event.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Well I either broke or severly bruised the small toe on my right foot when I smacked the side of a boulder coming of a jump in a rock garden today. It is very tender to the touch, even the side of my tennis shoe makes it hurt. It was worth the price of admission though.
Swing by a med supply shop tomorrow and get a cast boot. Tape the little toe to the next an wear the boot to take pressure of the toes. The ER or an Urgent Care place will tell you this is pretty much all they can do anyway. But you probably know this.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
parents enjoyed muir woods, oregon was damp, enjoyed vancouver.....although any tim hortons they went into seemed to be a shithole.