Quantcast

***Sunderp GMT***

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Slept like poop. Had planned on riding pedal bike to work, but it's cold and threatening rain throughout the day, so I believe I will not, because I'm a giant pansy. Liable to be a real shit show at work today.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
27 miles early morning ride, birthday party for the 6 year old and then just chilling the rest of the day. Sunny but cold morning enough to get cold feet with wool socks. Strange spring this year.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Howdy.

Temperature is hovering right around freezing here and the forecast says there's a chance of snow up north, right where we're headed to ride trails. This is going to be a fun ride through the big hills.

And just got a text asking how safe one of the DH trails will be, due to potential snow and water. I responded, "well it was pretty safe when I rode it in a few inches of snow last winter...". :busted:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
greyhound i am checking in on almost had rabbit for breakfast....

Last edited:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Had to keep it under wraps since my sister didn't tell my parents until today, but my sister's almost-3 year old was bitten in the leg by a rattlesnake yesterday. Transferred to Children's yesterday, in ICU, got antivenom. Apparently doing better today, maybe to a floor bed, and no coagulation issues (which is the way rattlesnakes get you).

Scary shit, this.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Had to keep it under wraps since my sister didn't tell my parents until today, but my sister's almost-3 year old was bitten in the leg by a rattlesnake yesterday. Transferred to Children's yesterday, in ICU, got antivenom. Apparently doing better today, maybe to a floor bed, and no coagulation issues (which is the way rattlesnakes get you).

Scary shit, this.
holy shit.
is this the sister in Highlands Ranch? was it on their property?

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Yeah, sister in HR is my only sibling. They were hiking in some state park and the kid went looking in the bushes for something or other.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Drank too much last night.
Upside was rowdy session with wifey last night.
Downside was feeling salty on this morning's 8am ride.
Great dirt, bike is running sweet.

Coffee, bong-shed, perhaps a beer and a greasy breakfast is in order.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
That rain yesterday was the real deal. I can only assume that Westy is dragging it out here. Hopefully burning a large pile of scrap wood and paper later. Otherwise going to be entertaining the Lil heathen all day.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Damn this flu, 8.5 miles totally knocked me out this morning. Trails are riding great, perhaps a teeny bit dry.

Just had a nice aged tender steak, I am ready for a beer but if I have one now, I won't get anything done today which is a dangerous territory since wife is becoming fed up with the total absence of home owner's responsibilities in me.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Tried to introduce the new Dog to the Cat. Dog was fine. Cat went absolutely bonkers. Throwing herself at the Crate with reckless abandon and hissing and yowling so loud the neighbor knocked on the door to see what was up. The Dog is thoroughly frightened. Cat just went into his crate and peed all over it. Dog food eaten and waterbowl spilled and then peed on. Efforts to capture her and put her in the bongshed largely failed. Dog is in the car waiting for someone to temporarily take him. Dog crate folds up when you lift it from the fucking handle. How hard is it to design a dog crate? Cat is on the verge of taking a dirt nap. .22 loaded and ready to rip....

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
@Toshi jesus, that is scary. I hope everything is okay.

Rode the trails today, only one other dude made it out. We bundled up; I had thick wool socks, some shorts, long johns, two shirts and a rain jacket on. Thank jebus, as it totally started to dump snow and sleet mid ride. It was weird though, it'd only snow/sleet when we stopped pedalling....the heck.

Trails were wicked super duper uber awesome today though. Hero dirt as far as the eye could see. Those roots though, talk about slippery. :brows:

Other dudes who bailed missed out big time.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Try it meow?
Now that the dog and related dog stuff is gone. Normally not so affectionate cat is pretty affectionate. Dog now resides in the Country (Bristol) with some new Doggie, Sheep, Cow, and Horse friends until I figure the situation out.
Cat toys that have been missing for months miraculously reappeared and are under the covers on the bed. I threw out the Fish I was going to feed her. She gets Crunchies instead, bitch. What a ordeal....

I got a Jetboil stove a while back; there's a French press accessory, so I got that too. Tried it this morning. Stove heats water fine, but the press is a useless piece of shit.

Drove back home today, stopping for lunch at the Long Trail brewery, recommended.

Seem to have brought a cold back with me.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning! I had a 15 mile run this morning which I was not looking forward to on account of trashed legs from yesterday's ride, but I managed a steady and decent 7:42 pace. Pretty happy about that. Then Wife had a swim to get done, so tagged along and did 2600 yards.

NY strip steak was on sale yesterday (8.99/lb) so I've got three steaks to grill for dinner tonight. SCORE.

cecil

Turbo Monkey
Jun 3, 2008
with the voices in my head
Screenshot_2016-05-15-18-01-30.png

Got second place yesterday for my age group gravel grinder race short course (20 mile) on the right with the tie die peace sign shirt....last one this season for me now it's DH every weekend!!!!

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Now that the dog and related dog stuff is gone. Normally not so affectionate cat is pretty affectionate. Dog now resides in the Country (Bristol) with some new Doggie, Sheep, Cow, and Horse friends until I figure the situation out.
Cat toys that have been missing for months miraculously reappeared and are under the covers on the bed. I threw out the Fish I was going to feed her. She gets Crunchies instead, bitch. What a ordeal....
Expecting a cat to do what you want when you want is... something you should never do, only dogs give a crap about what you want.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Got another speeding ticket on my way to ride. I went 17 years without a speeding ticket until I got the Toaster (Orange Honda Element). I've gotten two speeding tickets, one written warning and one verbal warning in 4.5 years.

I don't know if it's that the car is deceptively fast or the color attracts cops, but there's something about this car that makes me a cop magnet. I drove a Dodge Caravan like an absolute maniac for many years and only got pulled for speeding once and let go with a warning.

The trooper who gave me a ticket today complemented me on my bike and told me they have some great trails there. Gave me a ticket that I'll need an attorney to clear up and dude wanted to talk bikes. Hmmpf.

Anyway, by the time I got into the woods and back to the car the entire park had cleared out. Had the whole place to myself and didn't see another rider. So there is that.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Got another speeding ticket on my way to ride. I went 17 years without a speeding ticket until I got the Toaster (Orange Honda Element). I've gotten two speeding tickets, one written warning and one verbal warning in 4.5 years.

I don't know if it's that the car is deceptively fast or the color attracts cops, but there's something about this car that makes me a cop magnet. I drove a Dodge Caravan like an absolute maniac for many years and only got pulled for speeding once and let go with a warning.

The trooper who gave me a ticket today complemented me on my bike and told me they have some great trails there. Gave me a ticket that I'll need an attorney to clear up and dude wanted to talk bikes. Hmmpf.

Anyway, by the time I got into the woods and back to the car the entire park had cleared out. Had the whole place to myself and didn't see another rider. So there is that.
For some reason I thought you had a Camaro....