Quantcast

***Sunderp GMT***

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Did a bunch of cleaning yesterday as we had company over for dinner. Now that that's out of the way, moderate derping to be had the rest of the weekend. Pool, grilling, playing with mini me, maybe even a bike ride.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I had to sleep with the baby from about 4 to 5. I then threw in the towel as she was getting restless. I am therefore le tired.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Window AC unit installation done without major accidents. Went to bed late, did not get up as early as planned. Still rode a bunch before the heat set in.

I love this place in Summer (sans the heat and humidity)

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Nice solo ride sweat out the beers.
Took five minutes to stop and put about 25 large rocks, which had been dug out by sanitizers, back in the middle of the trail.
With luck it will ruin some assholes strata time and put holes in his team replica gloves.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Scrapped the riding plans today to hang out with my friends; we're headed to Prince Edward Island for the night.

Already dipped into the beers at some local brewery. Not the greatest of beer, to be honest...

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Pivot service, new bottom bracket, new chain, new shifter cable, new tyres setup tubeless front and rear, new pads front and rear and repeat.

Two bikes fully serviced and prepped for BCBR.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Rode with buddy before the heat. Not the best loop, but still a very pleasant ride.

Oldest boy is reacting strongly to an insect bite above his eye; his face is all red and swollen.:thumbsdown:

Boy #2 seems to have developed an ear infection : after a week with a runny nose he has developed a fever and is complaining that his ear hurts. :thumbsdown::thumbsdown: 

oh well, I don't mind taking tomorrow off to stay with him if that's the case
Still, suck for them.

Last edited:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
in honor of brian jones passing on this day i have been listening to the brian jonestown massacre...

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
2 hour nap: achievement unlocked.

Wife, brother in law, mother in law, and kids are poking around the West Seattle farmer's market. I'm at home surfing the internet on wife's 2 lb laptop. I swear she never cleans the screen on this thing–perhaps that explains why we pay to have someone come clean the house periodically. (At least she cooks. Hmph.)

I also just canceled my Tesla Model 3 reservation. Decided I don't need that shit. I should be bike commuting or driving the Land Cruiser if the weather's a bear.

Was going to look at a used R-Pod, but H had other ideas which consisted mostly of aimlessly driving around and wasting time at the house rather than camp.

Still plowing through Wendy Brown's Undoing the Demos, Neoliberalism's Stealth Revolution. It's worth reading, but the post-structuralist language mangling gives me a headache.

Heading out soon to be bitten by mosquitoes while watching fireworks.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I rode a Wheelie today a good 50'. Couldn't replicate it so it doesn't count. However my Jumping skills are improving leaps and bounds. I am here all week....

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
^ Congrats, skinny man! I wish my body was more responsive to a shitton of riding and a reasonable diet.

I've done a bunch of work with wood and a mitre saw today, and finished the day with a pair of steaks on hardwood embers.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
I put in 30 minutes on the elliptical as pre-penance for the delicious chicken katsu cooked by wife and her mom and eaten by all.