Quantcast

@@@Sunderp GMT@@@

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Work for me too. Sitting here watching paint dry while a contractor installs a new door access control on a robot cell. Exciting stuff.

Bike is on the car and ready to ride as soon as they're done.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
40 mile ride this morning felt good went slow with my sore legs. Time to clean up the apartment before the family get back and apply for some jobs in Denmark.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
short and sweet ride this morning. quiet lunch before the kids came home. little one is fighting his nap fiercely. it's such a pain caus' he needs it, but it can take two hours to get him down for a one hour nap!? not sure it's worth it anymore... will spend the rest of the afternoon at the pool with the boys.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
White Ranch with Stoney and his buddy Dennis. Belcher to the top, Mustang, Belcher up again, Maverick, Longhorn to the creek, Whippletree out. I'm a tired old man: 3h, 10.5 mi, 2600 vertical.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
White Ranch with Stoney and his buddy Dennis. Belcher to the top, Mustang, Belcher up again, Maverick, Longhorn to the creek, Whippletree out. I'm a tired old man: 3h, 10.5 mi, 2600 vertical.
You forgot the part when somebody offered to buy your car.

@Toshi also had his gopro, so as soon as he post it, we can see slow riding and me taking a few truly horrible lines. "Shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit" pretty much sums it up.

I got my @fulltrucker on and educated a new* rider who blew past some hikers without yielding. I passed at least 6-7 groups on the way down and still barely made it to the lot before he drove out. He must have blown past all of them.
He was completely baffled as to why hikers have right of way or why downhill riders have to give way. He seemed a bit overwhelmed with that alone, so I wasn't going to get into riding with headphones.

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
@stoney , So he was just a dick.

Plenty of laps up top at Winter Park and then bailed after lunch. A very fun weekend of riding.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
was this one of those "way too early to call Nick" start times?

;)
I mentioned start time/place in the GTFO conversation thread. :D Don't blame me.

My neck's kind of sore from having that (tiny version/Session) GoPro on my helmet. Footage is bouncy but gimbals seem like way more of a pain in the ass than I want to deal with. You all will just have to put up with crappy footage.

Video's processing interminably now. High bitrate + 60 fps will do that, I guess. It'll be here eventually:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I'm exhausted. My legs pooped the bed on the first climb. Perhaps I enjoyed a few too many beers last night.

Still, it felt good to get back to these trails. They are super fun but also an incredible workout.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Another solid breakfast. Kiddo ate bacon for the first time. Mowed the lawn, followed by harvesting the chinooks, and a 4 beer lunch. Bong shed then bbq with the neighbors. Full on toasted now, watching a free livestream phish concert.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Did an easy ride in the woods, then washed the bike so I can work on it tonight. Rear brake needs to be bled, not sure about front. And I may treat the Spitty to a new shifter cable and housing.

Planing on going somewhere hilly tomorrow. Have been thinking of riding Bent Creek then over to Mill River to check out the Spencer Gap reroute then climb back up to the Parkway and into Bent Creek again.

Really need some time in the mountains, even if it's just for a few hours.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Did an easy ride in the woods, then washed the bike so I can work on it tonight. Rear brake needs to be bled, not sure about front. And I may treat the Spitty to a new shifter cable and housing.

Planing on going somewhere hilly tomorrow. Have been thinking of riding Bent Creek then over to Mill River to check out the Spencer Gap reroute then climb back up to the Parkway and into Bent Creek again.

Really need some time in the mountains, even if it's just for a few hours.
you keep going past wilsons, man! if it's not a time I can make it out, happy to pass along instructions for a route. just holler . . .

ordered bearings for my being-held-hostage bike. hopefully the upper link will have two new heli-tapped shock settings tomorrow (both high and low had become stripped). then the bearings come on Tues and we can re-assemble. prob won't have a chance to ride until at least next week anyway, since we have to go to richmond for a stupid wedding over labor day. hrmf.

hung out today and did not much of anything besides drinking some beers, getting crap ready for kids to go back to school, etc.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
you keep going past wilsons, man! if it's not a time I can make it out, happy to pass along instructions for a route. just holler . . .
BC to Mills River is fairly safe for a solo day trip. I'm not too comfortable riding solo in Wilson's since it's unmarked and I have limited experience there. I'd be OK with Yancey solo but only because I've done it a few times albeit some centuries ago.

Also much better chance of spotting hotties on bikes in the woods at BC than deep in Wilson's. Now if toothless, meth heads are your thing then...

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
He could also take out one of his links, so that one is missing and then bang the thing against the tube creating a dent, thus allowing fittage of said shox. Might be flexy, though.