Quantcast

***Sunderp GMT***

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Looks like today might be a write-off in terms of DH. The resort has all the trails listed as closed. Stuuuuupid clay soil. :(

Need to find alternative riding plans, I guess.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Morning Monkies! Its supposed to be cool and rainy for the next few days so I am glad I got a good ride in yesterday. Today is laundry, shopping and cleaning up around the barn day. I'm on my own until next Sunday...

My legs are pretty tired this morning - the Giggle Pig is not a happy climber, :)

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning. 10 mile run done this morning in some bullshit heat and humidity. My clothes were drenched in sweat. Some heavy rain just rolled through and clear, crisp weather is supposed to follow this afternoon, so I may go for another run just to enjoy that weather. This has been the hottest summer on record.

Enjoying my 99 cents gas station coffee now.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Avoiding the internets of anything bike related (and the RM DH forum) until I watch the replay of the Worlds race from this morning. Which sucks, because I need to browse the PB's for some parts.

In other news, I rode some awesome single track today. A lot of it. Nothing too spectacular, very easy trails, but damnnnnn they flow so well! And I'm not talking that IMBA flow crap.

I also ate a $2 apple mid ride. It was pretty good, but two dollar good? Eh.... @boostindoubles

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
2.5 mi loop hike on paper turned out to be 2.5 miles out and back. Each way. Starting at 9k, with 800 ft gain. With 25 lbs of Yuna-plus-carrier on back and Mariko held on the steep sections.

We bailed early but even the 4 or so miles we did was super tiring. The worst part was being stuck behind some idiot doing 25 all the way down Golden Gate Canyon Road, but the excellent Mexican food we had once past him redeemed the day.

Last edited:

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
If I don't protect my charging cables with threats that would make the mafia envious my family finds ways to make them disappear like Jimmy Hoffa. I have gotten pretty good control of my lightning cables but all 6 micro USB cables have now vanished.

Well at least I got 30 miles in on the bike this evening before it got dark.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Rode a local 2000 foot climb with wifey. She is admittedly slow, it took an hour and a half. The pace was glorious, I got to look out for raptors. She got spoiled at the bike demo last week, now she wants a new bike. The fact that her shock has leaked out ALL of its oil doesn't help (but it is still holding air, holy pogo stick!).
Time to shop for deals.
The bike she fell in love with was a 23 pound scalpel, which was $8k.
Needless to say that is out of the question...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Rode Tiger twice this weekend. Winter is coming and I just started to get the hang of that shit. Wanted to get as many turns in as possible while things are still dry.

Just shy of 8000 ft for the weekend.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Rode a local 2000 foot climb with wifey. She is admittedly slow, it took an hour and a half. The pace was glorious, I got to look out for raptors. She got spoiled at the bike demo last week, now she wants a new bike. The fact that her shock has leaked out ALL of its oil doesn't help (but it is still holding air, holy pogo stick!).
Time to shop for deals.
The bike she fell in love with was a 23 pound scalpel, which was $8k.
Needless to say that is out of the question...
Send her to dental school

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
She's the breadwinner...I wish Transition made a bike for her (she is 4' 11") as we can get pro form on those and cracknfails...
(The reason she liked the cannondale was the weight)

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
And my show season over, not more EMT Standbys. earned some nice $$ hung out with friends, lots of good looking women and only had to call for one ambulance for an injured rider diuring the entire year.

Wend out to Sauced BBQ for the wifes 56th bday. she had some nice hard cider and a loaded baked potato and i grabbed a rack of ribs. excellent day