Quantcast

***Sunderp GMT***

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Waiting for the coffee to kick in. Got a feeling it's going to be a clusterfuck at work, 2 new airplanes came in yesterday afternoon. I anticipate some sick time in my near future.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Morning Monkies! It rained for about 2 hours last night and it is currently snowing. There is about an inch and a half on the cars but nothing sticking to the groumd. Enough wet to stosh trail riding for a week our so. I much preferred last year's straight to summer after a winter of very little snow. At leaset tne mountains will not be tinder dry until latter in the season.

Last edited:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy all. I would be riding this morning but everyone needs some time to recover. I have some sort of hacking cough illness a la Nick, which thankfully didn't interfere much with my trumpet playing last night. Later today I will go out to test drive a Prius Prime, because that's what I do.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
It is supposed to be warm as hell here today. But I don't think warm enough to melt all the snow on the trails where I want to ride.

Decided to just go for a hike....but debating whether to bring the bike or not, just incase. I'd be kicking myself the entire time if it was rideable where I'm going to hike.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
At a Dressage Clinic with my wife in San Diego. Two days of eating at nice restaurants and walking around. Maybe 30 guys and 1000 women here. Win.

Bought some Asics running shoes, cycling shorts and jeans at a local outlet mall.

Last edited:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Last edited:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
We were all on board to buy a Prius when we bought the Mazda, but the new generation had just come out and it's so ugly......... Why?
Alien? Or Predator? You decide. :D

In any case I checked again online and the dealer is closed today.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Working on my application for corporal the last few days. Started with reading through my first corporal application and all I can say is no wonder I didn't get the position two years ago.

Damn our process is involved. It's good though cause they really do make sure that the people they promote want it

Turned on water to greenhouse and shed. Put summer wheels on two vehicles. Cleaned out the garage some since I had burrowed in to get out floor jack and pressure washer. Put away the snowblower and pulled out the lawnmower. It actually started. Drank my first IPA from the refrigerator in the camping trailer.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Cleaned a bunch of branches and leaves from the yard, took a bunch of plants from winter storage in the basement outside. I have still very low energy after the darned flu, but managed to ride a bit. First true spring ride, shakedown of new rear wheel. My lungs were protesting a bunch but I can't wait for moar.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Cleaned a bunch of branches and leaves from the yard, took a bunch of plants from winter storage in the basement outside. I have still very low energy after the darned flu, but managed to ride a bit. First true spring ride, shakedown of new rear wheel. My lungs were protesting a bunch but I can't wait for moar.

Just for shits and giggles is that the trail on the Island in the resevoir by RT 93 in the fells? By the Dam...

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Trails were ridden for 24 miles and 4350ft of vert. There was some climbing (lots) and some descending (lots).

Fun was had.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Long ride this morning with some substantial climbing. Rode down a normally 'up' trail (Mt Baldy @ Buff Creek) and craptastic was it fast. 29mph in semi-tight trees where some chicaney open sections became airborne straight lines. Quite awesome. Otherwise, work around the house.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Long ride this morning with some substantial climbing. Rode down a normally 'up' trail (Mt Baldy @ Buff Creek) and craptastic was it fast. 29mph in semi-tight trees where some chicaney open sections became airborne straight lines. Quite awesome. Otherwise, work around the house.
What did you climb?

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I over did it. My hands are sore from braking.... Legs feel all wombly. Fuck you 3 story walkup. Dog walk... Yeah right... He's pooping on the roof tonight...

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
You know the Island trail? Wow man, I am impressed. This is not it though, this is another section of the off-limits reservoir trail.
The Fells where the first place a lot of us started riding mountain bikes. Before Lynnwoods, Beverly farms, Vietnam, Ponkapoag, Bethel, Randolph or any of those places...

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Pancakes, ride Thuper Awethum with friend, cook birthday dinner for Dad, then maybe a nap. Need some bean juice first though.
Success.

Tomorrow Santa in the brown suit will present me with fresh meaty tires and I can continue along my merry little way railing corners and breaking rocks without sliding off the trail.

Yay bicycle !

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Black ribbons of dirt, how I missed you.

Hiked with my buddy Norm and his kids. Guy came to NC and loves to ride, but just had shoulder surgery and is off the bike until July. Sucks, but it was good to get him out.

So glad I brought the bike. Ripped some hero dirt, which at one point was flying over top my helmet and fucking with my contacts. Also rode through absolute swamp, but god damn it felt good to go down some hills.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Saw these guys last night. Great show.

Did my first real mountain ride in several months. Climbing legs were good, descending muscles fucking hated me. I kept having to rest even when not pedaling on the way down. Late night with many beers didn't help.