Quantcast

***Sunderp GMT***

I think it's a little past due to haul the lawnmower over to camp and address such lawn as there is...

A rather odd remembrance ceremony last night for a neighbor who died recently; did not participate in singing a hymn or the Star Spangled Banner... did meet another local mountain biker I did not know about.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
DH bike won't ride itself.
Forecast has temps in the 40's freedum at the resort this morning.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
After sleeping it off, looks like my left hand has a deeply bruised palm, right in the meaty area below the thumb. Pinky is also bruised. Right hand has a semi-swollen and very tender area, right where I broke it a bunch of years ago. Left knee also took a good hit, of course right below where my kneepad ends. All in, not too bad for barely being able to grip a beer last night and for going mach chicken right off that bridge into the bush, I'm glad there wasnt a hooooge rock pile hidden there.

Needless to say, not riding Bromont today. I think I'll just dick around camp, sleep in my lawn chair and drink beer while my buddy cfushes laps. Maybe go for the a spin on the donkey gravel bike...

But first, coffee.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Stayed up too late after dinner at a former co-worker’s place followed by watching Avengers: Age of Ultron.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning. I slept 20 hours the past two days including naps. I needed that. I just got back from a brisk 10.5 mile run. I ran 'em fast....figured my legs would have been more tired than then were, or maybe they just liked the beautiful weather (65 with a 60 dew point).

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
4th day in a row of unhealthy air quality due to forest fires, the air feels dense and low - visibility in town is about six blocks. Have not been on the bike since Thursday, the smokey air, lack and lack of wind irritated my eyes. Breathing was fine since I kept an easy pace. Do not like but will try again today with a wet cloth in my pack.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Crabgrass is just killing me. And by me I mean the front lawn.

I think I’m going to hire a lawn service to deal with all this shit come spring.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Back from climbing. Haley climbed a half crack route and killed it. Bummer that the closest gym with a youth program is @Toshi's, which is 45min away in clear traffic.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I went to the mall. There was people there. I got scared and had to leave. It was awful. The stores all had things that I can't imagine anyone ever needing. It made me cry.

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
Just booked tickets to Iceland for late summer vacation. Any tips from world traveling monkeys?
The blue lagoon is an obvious must. Read the beer cans, you got to drink a lot of 2.5-3%ers. I just drove around for 28 hours, slept like 4 in the rental car. Drove on a dirt roads for like 8 hours and saw one house. The big water fall is rad. I hope you do more and have less rain.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Sweeeet. Went and rode the bike for a bit. Hands are bruised everywhere BUT where the bars make contact. I suspect my right thumb got fuxored by the paddle on the shifter.

Found some neat trails beside the campsite.

Derp derp derp @Dirtrider here's your cheesy action shot. :busted:

Last edited:

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Smokey as I have seen it. No bueno. Crutching around the grocery store is sketchy since the floors have been polished recently.

Last edited:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Party train is rolling into Ottawa/Gatineau tomorrow.

Any recommended beers stops, that are accessible via bike and not road?
There's actually quite a few. This a daytime thing, or an evening thing? Beyond the Pale brewery is downtown, right on the bike path at City Centre avenue. They close at 9 and no food though. Tooth and Nail is just over the bridge and is pretty decent too. And they have food. The Third is a small local bar that serves my favourite Ottawa beer: Three Flags by Dominion City Brewery.

You riding here? I'd love to show you around, but between my infection, jetlag, and going back to work, it's going to be tough...

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
There's actually quite a few. This a daytime thing, or an evening thing? Beyond the Pale brewery is downtown, right on the bike path at City Centre avenue. They close at 9 and no food though. Tooth and Nail is just over the bridge and is pretty decent too. And they have food. The Third is a small local bar that serves my favourite Ottawa beer: Three Flags by Dominion City Brewery.

You riding here? I'd love to show you around, but between my infection, jetlag, and going back to work, it's going to be tough...
Sweet, thanks! We'll be parking along the river somewhere and riding. So most likely during the afternoon. Not really sure on timing, we're a case of beer deep and just started the Canadian Open DH replay......so...haha.

Don't worry about coming out. Get some rest. We'll be back to your land of awesome. :P

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Ninja Warrior toy is a success. More difficult attachments are going to have to be made.