Quantcast

***Sunderp GMT***

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Gotta make some coffee. Another full proper night of sleep. Would like to ride today, but rain may prevent such an activity. My son loved Jeff's riding demo yesterday. He even cruised around the bike shop on a 16" pedal bike.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I shall ride later this morning. But for now more lounging around, half asleep.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Sleep was not working last night. More deck work today. Yesterday was mostly spent on putting in connecter screws where nails were coming out. Didn't even make a dent on the number that need to be replaced. Giddy.

Last edited:

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Rode with buddy this morning, he was on his new bike we demoed yesterday. I am just a bit short of 30 miles this weekend, not bad. It was nice and chilly outside, the only challenge being my hangover from too much slivovitz too late last night. Now headed to Rockport for brunch.

Dirtrider

noah
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
Rode yesterday now yard work. How does one get rid of a mole? I’ve got two tunnels started in my mulch and the little fucker is starting to get in the grass. Tried a sticky mouse trap which worked last year but they seem to have caught on to that game.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Rode 25 miles on the tri bike yesterday, then ran 6 miles at the track this morning. Cold temps and rested legs make for fast running. I was dropping 6:20 miles and assumed my watch was acting up again, which it wasn't.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
tried to go to be early. didn't work. awake until 2, then on and off until the kids woke up at 6:30. coffee, planting fall stuff in the garden, soon off to participate in a panel discussion for work.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Going on day 3 with no power. Luckily, a buddy lent me a generator, so I can run my fridge and charge my phones. Have a camp stove for cooking, and luckily my coffee shop regained power today, so I'm back in the land of the living. Still, I'm thankful for my manual grinder and aeropress.

Getting picked up in 20 minutes to go for a ride. It's nice and cool out. :thumb:

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Got all my gear packed to go to Pisgah for the day, went to bed way earlier than usual, but couldn’t sleep worth a damn. So no Pisgah epic today. Trying to salvage the remains of the day and the last official day of summer.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Cooked my ass off for about 50 people. Homemade chili. Coneys Michigan style for lunch pregame (not a fan of steamed hotdogs). Eggplant parm fried and baked with sauce and cheese. Ortega Mom style tacos (for the kiddos). Homemade Pico from the Garden. Tomato salad and grilled corn. Everyone walked out the door with a doggie bag and a Oatmeal cake with a cinnamon maple glaze. Melted Maytag Blue Cheese is awesome on grilled corn by the way... Totally nailed it. $500 tip. Sometimes its you. And sometimes it is Garden fresh ingredients.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Cooked my ass off for about 50 people. Homemade chili. Coneys Michigan style for lunch pregame (not a fan of steamed hotdogs). Eggplant parm fried and baked with sauce and cheese. Ortega Mom style tacos (for the kiddos). Homemade Pico from the Garden. Tomato salad and grilled corn. Everyone walked out the door with a doggie bag and a Oatmeal cake with a cinnamon maple glaze. Melted Maytag Blue Cheese is awesome on grilled corn by the way... Totally nailed it. $500 tip. Sometimes its you. And sometimes it is Garden fresh ingredients.
I really should get back to the 585 one of these days...

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
8k feet of gnarly descending on the hardtail. :headbang:

The woman I ran into near the end of the ride looked at me like I had two heads when I told her the lap I'd done. :D (She asked)

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Wife and I did stoopid today.

Rode a lap of Mt Guyot, needed two mountain passes - French and Georgia, 38 miles, 5400 ft vert, mostly at 10000ft or higher, topping out at 12020ft I think.

Guyot in the background.
20180923_125028_resized.jpg

Edit: swamp donkey count of one for @rideit

Last edited:

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Took kiddo on his longest and most challenging ride to date...he was a champ. He is ready to start shuttling Phillips Ridge (but he is nowhere near ready for Phillips Canyon.)
But now I have a riding partner for some big descents!
Soon enough he will be able to drive, and then we can really shuttle!

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
That's an all-day affair... I ain't done it since about 1997. :D
It was a long one, particularly with the wife not feeling it at the start. Traffic east of the tunnel on the way home made it a longer day too.

If I were to do it again I'd probably skip coming down Galena Ditch and ZL and instead suck up the extra climbing and mileage by staying on the Colorado Trail back to Breck.

Galena and ZL just dragged along. Although I thought the houses they were building up above Eagle were excessive. Some of the properties and construction above Breck are ridiculous...

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
It was a long one, particularly with the wife not feeling it at the start. Traffic east of the tunnel on the way home made it a longer day too.

If I were to do it again I'd probably skip coming down Galena Ditch and ZL and instead suck up the extra climbing and mileage by staying on the Colorado Trail back to Breck.

Galena and ZL just dragged along. Although I thought the houses they were building up above Eagle were excessive. Some of the properties and construction above Breck are ridiculous...
When I did it we started at Keystone/Soda Creek area, headed over to the dredge, over/around Gibson Hill, up to French Pass, got lost on the far side of French because the trail just kinda disappeared, climbed GA Pass road because we were running out of time, and returned eventually to Keystone after dark.

Our girlfriends (now wives) waiting for us at the restaurant in Idaho Springs were... less than amused.

:D