Quantcast

***Sunderp GMT***

dhmike

Turbo Monkey
Dec 20, 2006
Boise Idaho
Cold dh runs this morning . News said blizzard like condition shut down highway in CO. It's to early for that sh*t.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Here its been an amazing weather weekend with weather in the 70s which is crazy warm for Denmark this time of the year I even got a sun burn after several hours on the beach playing football (the American kind). I am a simple man and there is just something magical about getting that little ball to spin and fly like a projectile.

Today I met up with a good group of riders and we setup up a course in the woods and did some CX racing full speed for an hour. Really having fun on the new gravel/CX bike and a good way to make easy trails more fun.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
3-4" of the white stuff and still coming down, hopefully not too much more to come as I need to head out later.

Pondering heading out for first tracks on the fat bike, but it's only 20 freedums outside...

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Ride scheduled for 12. Need to come up with a good loop.

When your trail system looks like spaghetti, it makes route planning interesting. Good thing I know this place like the back of my hand...
https://m.trailforks.com/region/copeland-forest/?lat=44.573664&lon=-79.673861&z=14&m=roadmap
What's Redneck express like?

Morning. Cold here also, high 30s are a bit low for early October I think. Gonna ride this afternoon with my next door buddy if he shows up as promised. Can't wait to put the new bike through the wringer.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Wife and son are going to Maryland for her sisters baby shower, so I'm at home with our daughter today/tonight. That means no riding, which sucks because it's finally cool and the trails are tacky.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
if they can ride and listen when you say "don't go too close to the edge" .. totally.

you can make a short loop of it, and add on if everyone is having fun.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Saw Dear Evan Hansen last night. Singing was great, but the material was rough - suicide. Pretty brutal once you've had enough friends die that way. Wifey didn't give me any heads up and I likely would not have gone if I had known. There lots of people crying through one particular section of the show and I saw a couple seats empty after the intermission.

Thinking I might ditch Wifey and the baby, then grab Haley and go up to Golden to try on boots. @Nick What are your plans today?

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Thinking I might ditch Wifey and the baby, then grab Haley and go up to Golden to try on boots. @Nick What are your plans today?
I know you didn't ask me, but I am planning on going to the ski shop today at some point. Probably Bent Gate and/or Larson's. If you're interested, holler.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I know you didn't ask me, but I am planning on going to the ski shop today at some point. Probably Bent Gate and/or Larson's. If you're interested, holler.
Let me confirm my timeline with Wifey. I have Haley today, so that does impact when I would be able to

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
Went mountain biking this morning. It was nice, rained finally so the dirt was great, NO DUST. But so humid. Carport now and watching kids play in the yard or fight.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Rode the short loop up at White Ranch yesterday afternoon. First time I'd climbed Belcher in probably a decade. Surprisingly, *not* any easier than it used to be. And Longhorn... hoo boy. What a disastrous, blown out, gnarly, awesome, beautiful mess that trail has become. Only one crash and it wasn't me.

And they killed all that goddam poison ivy down in the gulch. :thumb:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
back from camping. yesterday was super nice. only mid-40s last night was perfect. cleared the whole find-my-bike mess i posted on friday plus 6-8 more 18”-24” trees...still more to do on that poor trail but great progress until saw ran outta gas. 8 and 13yos managed not to injure/maim anyone or burn down the forest. great success! drippy/drizzly today. home now, washing clothes, drying out, ordering sushi.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Rode with a next door buddy on our new Hightowers this afternoon. We were grinning like idiots most of the time. Riding in upper 50s is nice, too.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Quality day on the bike today. The weather was perfect. Rode in tshirt and shorts and the trails were bordering on hero dirt. The sun even came out.

Bumped into two people from Ottawa. Tried to tell them where to go for the fun trails, I hope they found some!

Oh and god damn, the amount of human pylons on the trails today was crazy. The most people I've ever seen in there...

Jeezus that's more trails than my 5 local trail networks combined.
Lots of trail, but they are all super short. Its awesome for our weekly group rides; every ride we can do something different.

What's Redneck express like?
Its fun. Tight true single track. Best enjoyed after a beer.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Gots me new boots. They seem to fit really well; first pair that fit tight without hurting or making my feet go numb. Already clearance then another 20% off, so yeah for me! Wifey wasn't happy that I spent the money (see deck), but glad they were really cheap. Props to @Full Trucker for meeting me at the shop and getting to drag my ass up to Golden.

Put in Hannah's new car seat this afternoon. It's currently 22* outside. I can't feel my hands.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
If you could park inside the garage like a civilized person your hands would be fine… :D

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Pretty much hung with my dad most of the day, when I wasn't hanging with @stoney and his demon spawn very cute but very bored offspring. Had coffee in the morning with Dad, then after the ski shop adventure Dad and I went to the shop and did a massive clean. Picked up and swept up and basically made room to get my truck in there so I could do a couple things out of the cold. Pretty great day spending time with my Dad, really. He lives full-time in a truck camper, and just kinda wanders all over the western U.S., following warm weather and BMW motorcycle rallies. So when he's in the Denver area I try and spend a couple days doing "stuff" with him. He turned 74 this year, and while I'm sure he's got quite a few years left, you never know what life will throw at you.