Quantcast

***Sunderp GMT***

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Who the hell pays for knives to be sharpened?

Try doing it yourself, I find it to be a very soothing and enjoyable activity.
And it's a real good way to keep the other humans away. Especially if you do your honing in front of a window for the neighbors to watch. Always with a smile of course.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Don't pre-load with water, drink when you're thirsty.
Your body takes time to absorb water, you can only absorb water so fast. You can lose water a lot faster than you can absorb it. In those cases do pre-load. If you're just putzing around with your tea circle, drink when thirsty.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Who the hell pays for knives to be sharpened?

Try doing it yourself, I find it to be a very soothing and enjoyable activity.
8 kitchen knives that Wifey hasn't been keeping sharp. Honing is doing shit and I don't have time to fully sharpen 8 knives. I'll pay the $40 at Ace, thank you very much.

Your body takes time to absorb water, you can only absorb water so fast. You can lose water a lot faster than you can absorb it. In those cases do pre-load. If you're just putzing around with your tea circle, drink when thirsty.
Nice words, but bullshit. Seriously, take the time to read Noakes' Waterlogged.

Synopsis, best I can manage:

We evolved pursuing game over long periods without refueling. Our bodies are set up to deal without water intake for extended periods and will make the necessary internal adjustments. In the last century the military conducted some flawed studies on water consumption which got us into the myth of hydration, including electrolytes, starting with table salt. Gatorade started their marketing hype. Long distance runners started going down due to hyponatremia (drank too much water, fucked up internal chemistry).

Noakes is a South African long distance runner, physician, and scientist who was tending to runners with hyponatremia, conducted years of research, and published his conclusions.

I'll ride a day in the desert southwest on less than 1,500 ml without pre-loading.

P.S. Piss color doesn't mean squat.