Quantcast

***Sunderp GMT***

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
That’s a good out of context quote there, Watz.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Dogs kept waking me up this morning, don't they know it's the weekend and we do not get up at 3am...... muscles are tight from doing a hard hour effort on the spin bike last night. After I have some coffee I will probably be motivated to do it again. Rain and heavy wind again today

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
2 inches per hour since 4am... I should probably get some food in me and go skiing.
What I'm doing. WP not that great, but it's coming down proper. Face is numb and hungry, so breaking to eat some bacon and eggs.

Haley is in lessons and I saw her group while I was on lift, dropping into a blue-black. She went in no hesitation and was in far more control than the rest of the group. I told her last night that if she doesn't want to get bored she's going to have to prove to her teacher just what level she's at so that she gets in the right group when they adjust mid-morning because she'll be with this group for a month. I guess she listened.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Just spent $12 on a 5 year CO SAR card, a worthwhile donation IMO.

Now to work out where to go and ride bicycles today.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hello, MONKEYS! LMFAO

I ran 20 miles this morning (7:12 pace). I am glad I decided to run on roads because the little bit of rail trail I ran on was covered in black ice. Plenty of salt and sand on the roads though. Saw a bunch of roadies out there in 35 degree temps. Reloading now with grocery store sushi.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
winds are ramping up. supposed to be between 25-35 mph this afternoon with gusts over 50. and it's going to be wet ( I am just east of the heavy yellow shit)

and I'm damn glad I decided not to go up into the Sierra back country for some snowshoeing

Avalanche warnings have been posted in parts of California, Nevada and Utah after a winter storm dumped heavy snow on the region.

The Sierra Avalanche Center issued a backcountry avalanche warning for the Lake Tahoe area stretching south into the Sierra along the California-Nevada line from noon Sunday until 7 a.m. Monday.

The National Weather Service says blizzard conditions with gale-force winds could trigger widespread avalanche activity.

Two feet (61 centimeters) of snow was reported at Mammoth Mountain 150 miles (241.39 kilometers) south of Tahoe. More than a foot (30 cm) fell in the upper elevations around Tahoe, including 19 inches (48 cm) at Squaw Valley.

Last edited:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Wow. That was a stellar way to spend a day. Kids talked me into "one more run" at 4:00 - which turned into a hike, followed by a *titties* shot off a narrow ridge, followed by a HAIRBALL traverse above some cliffs, and another quality shot back to the base.

Le tired. Need food. And beer. And fucking everything around us is closed, because Sunday. I should have anticipated that...

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Skiing was good. Haley's group was well placed by the parents, which makes sense when you are putting your kid I to a 4-weekend program, you know where they should be. They spent most of their day on blues, which is great from where she was when she goes out with me.

My legs are toast after 5 hours of skiing. Going single means more runs, for sure.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
Another hour of hard spinning on the trainer is in the books. Some days it's a piece of cake, others like tonight it's pure hell. I was just willing myself to not quit from the 40 minute mark onward. Funny but I pushed through and ended up doing 1:06 .However stick a fork in me cause I am done...