Quantcast

***Sunderp GMT***

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

I should not be up yet, but my schedule went out the window Friday. Lazy weekend with some errands and a bike ride with the pooch after lunch.

Was blown away Friday night by Jennah Bell at the Doug Fir. She is talented and I feel blessed for having enjoyed it.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Pork, q sauce and other randoms are in the slow cooker for pulled pork tonight.

In the mean time, time to go attempt fix number two on my card bumper. And then biking.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Rode this morning with a buddy. He was on studded tires, I wasn't. I crashed and burned on ice a couple of times, he fell through thin ice on a large swampy puddle. Good times!

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Here, waiting on a cup of coffee at the new roaster/coffee shop. Smells fucking delicious. Get in my belly and start pulsing those brain signals!

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Had a pretty "outdoorsy" past few days.

Thursday I went and broke trail our behind a buddy's place after the big snowfall from the past few days. There was too much fresh snow to fatbike on, so we packed a trail out behind his place. Three people on snowshoes and me on Hoks. Those things are pretty decent at setting tracks. I enjoyed wandering around the forest, beer in hand, in them.

Friday was a P.D. day, so I took my oldest skiing with a buddy of his. The snow was great, and we all had a blast. He spent the night out at their cottage.

Saturday I got out for a bike ride. It was nice out. I felt kind of flat, but I hadn't been on the bike in 10 days, so it was nice to be out. Ran into conservation officers checking for passes, so that kind of killed the vibe.

In the afternoon, I took my little guy toboganning. It was fun.

Today I took the boys to their xc ski club. My wife was out of town, so I was solo. I got out for an hour and a half ski. It was super nice out, and there was more fresh snow.

I'm feeling like I could eat a whole cow at the moment... so. much. hunger!

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
The last 1/3 of today's ride was during a surprise snow squall. Temps weren't too bad, but when the snow starts piling up on your eye lashes going down hills, the urge to abort becomes strong.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
The last 1/3 of today's ride was during a surprise snow squall. Temps weren't too bad, but when the snow starts piling up on your eye lashes going down hills, the urge to abort becomes strong.
I put things over my eyes.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I saw two DPD Explorers booking it towards downtown on I-70 at about 1:30. That explains it.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Fuck...a buddy of mine from my fire days and now works a paramedic ambulance in Reno was involved in a fatal crash. I don't know all the details yet but he was life flighted to a trauma center where he underwent the first of many surgeries. he is conscious and alert but critical. From the news photos it looks like a head on with a wrong way driver