Quantcast

***Sunderp GMT***

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Was going to shoot in a rifle competition but given recent bs I'm gonna ride my bike in the woods instead.
Still shattered from yesterdays effort which involved riding/pushing against the flow on a burly new trail I found the exit to but had no idea where trailhead was. Perhaps I'll ride it the correct direction today but probably not the best idea solo.
Post suffering ocean swim on tap.

Was going to shoot in a rifle competition but given recent bs I'm gonna ride my bike in the woods instead.
Still shattered from yesterdays effort which involved riding/pushing against the flow on a burly new trail I found the exit to but had no idea where trailhead was. Perhaps I'll ride it the correct direction today but probably not the best idea solo.
Post suffering ocean swim on tap.
I miss the ocean.

Dirtrider

noah
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
Going for a ride. Chance of thunderstorms later. Oh and what the fuck is wrong with people. Another shooting, this time in Ohio. Be safe out there fellow primates!

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Body didn't want to poop when I woke up. But after I rode to work then it decided it was time indeed.

Now work, though.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
After yesterday's stellar day out on bicycles I need to decide which bike and where to ride today. But then I also want to come up with another high country ride next weekend...

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I can't find anything about how to tune a 36 online. I'm getting pissed off now. Going to try an Assgei front tire, because the ratings are so positive. A grippier DHF sounds good to me.

Errands with the girls today while Wifey works.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
I can't find anything about how to tune a 36 online. I'm getting pissed off now. Going to try an Assgei front tire, because the ratings are so positive. A grippier DHF sounds good to me.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Was thinking about hitting Highland in the afternoon, but since wifey is moving with glacial speed this morning and we're headed out for brunch, the DH trip is likely not happening. :mad:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Have that. Not a lot of great information beyond sag and rebound.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
the route to the left is cooler...my route of choice....
I don’t disagree, just looking for “faster” not so much “cooler” at the moment.

Yup. 90 to Billings, curve right and drive I25 forever....
It's a trap...

I have driven BZN to 303 every year for 20+ years and all routes are the fastest if "you are not a bitch..."

#Team Hobo Hot Springs in bucolic Saratoga WY (en route to my old town Hot Sulphur Springs CO) for the win...
download (1).jpeg

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
After going for a ride early yesterday and popping a spoke in my rear wheel, I spent most of the day yesterday attempting to get the plumbing installed for my tub drain. (I’m attempting a bathroom Reno).

Conclusion: My bike needs some love and I am no plumber. Figuring out offsets in all 3 dimensions is a real PITA.

I forgot to dry my riding stuff, so I’m gonna go walk the dog.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Have that. Not a lot of great information beyond sag and rebound.
Gimme a call this week, or something. Interested in hearing what you’re not liking about the fork... as that would be more helpful than than just “it feels terrible and needs tuned.”

That said, nearly everyone I know has volume reducing spacers. Without a smaller air chamber, to get good small bump sensitivity you’re gonna blow through travel like a Colfax hooker blows through coke. To keep from finding the bottom every other hit, it’ll have no bump absorption. I mean, maybe newer ones / yours are different, but that’s been the key to the last three 36s I’ve owned. YMMV.

I’ve read about negative chambers clogged with grease.
I’ve read a lot of things on the Internet. :D

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Less than 3 hours left at work. Boredom is intensifying.

Tomorrow I will watch the baby for a bit, then load up the bikes on ye olde Thule rack... so that I can drop them off at Golden Bike Shop for service.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
got my time on the road bike...noice. average speed keeps going up, so good to see. I feel great out there and no karen's in buicks tried to buzz me.

@stoney For my 36, I followed udi's 40 tuning advice which was basically to fully lose HSC and LSC, then back off HSC until the fork no longer felt stiff and then adjust LSC as necessary, usually a few clicks minus whatever HSC was set at. I can double check my number, but I think I was like 25 clicks from wide open on HSC and 23 on LSC. Fork felt great at 130mm but is a little less controlled at 150 so I have to do more tuning. Mine is a 2016 RC2 though, so I don't know how the new garbage is.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
do you ever feel like just getting rid of your fancy high-falutin' MTB and grabbing a hardtail or rigid bike and just going back to old school plunking around in the woods? I love the tech but it doesn't make me much faster these days...a ti 29er HT calls out to me

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
got my time on the road bike...noice. average speed keeps going up, so good to see.
Imagine how much faster you'd be rolling if you were on your mountain bike!
do you ever feel like just getting rid of your fancy high-falutin' MTB and grabbing a hardtail or rigid bike and just going back to old school plunking around in the woods? I love the tech but it doesn't make me much faster these days...a ti 29er HT calls out to me
I had such dreams but riding @Nick 's hardtail for a few weeks cured me of these notions. I like full suspension and bombing down rocky trails using it.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I would not turn down a 26" ti Litespeed. But ditch the squishy, nuh uh.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
oh fuck no

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Rode more tech today. Scared the ladyfriend on one or two of the committed moves that she said were dangerous. Oops.... :busted:

Majorly pinged my front rim off a rock in a fast wide chunky section. Thought for sure it had flatted, but nope ???.

Last edited:

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
That looks fun. Did she ride that section? Or was she scared on your behalf when you rode it?

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
It's a trap...

I have driven BZN to 303 every year for 20+ years and all routes are the fastest if "you are not a bitch..."

#Team Hobo Hot Springs in bucolic Saratoga WY (en route to my old town Hot Sulphur Springs CO) for the win...
View attachment 136083
i've been through saratoga before looking for a fire lookout....

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Never.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
i am nm never getting rid of my museum piece....

20190804_175817.jpg