Quantcast

***Sunderp GMT***

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
That looks fun. Did she ride that section? Or was she scared on your behalf when you rode it?
I rode down it, then she arrived so I explained that I cleaned it. She didn't believe me, so I went back up and did it again before she could say anything. That's when she expressed her opinion on the matter. :D

But that part is actually not the hardest on that particular trail. It's the most intimidating, but there is another rock slab that has some cracks, random chunks and big roots; that one is the type of one that once you start rolling, there is no turning back. She just closed her eyes while I did it. Haha

She's only been riding trails for a year now and progressed pretty fast. But has reached a plateau on the skill front. I dont think she realizes how good these bikes will just plow through the roots. Been trying to find her some good one on one lessons, but that is hard to come by apparently...

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
do you ever feel like just getting rid of your fancy high-falutin' MTB and grabbing a hardtail or rigid bike and just going back to old school plunking around in the woods? I love the tech but it doesn't make me much faster these days...a ti 29er HT calls out to me
No. I find it much more enjoyable to just ride my fancy bike and refrain from bitching about having a click too much HSC or whatever.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Gimme a call this week, or something. Interested in hearing what you’re not liking about the fork... as that would be more helpful than than just “it feels terrible and needs tuned.”

That said, nearly everyone I know has volume reducing spacers. Without a smaller air chamber, to get good small bump sensitivity you’re gonna blow through travel like a Colfax hooker blows through coke. To keep from finding the bottom every other hit, it’ll have no bump absorption. I mean, maybe newer ones / yours are different, but that’s been the key to the last three 36s I’ve owned. YMMV.

I’ve read a lot of things on the Internet. :D
That is pretty much it. To get small bump i had to way drop the PSI, but I blew through the travel every bump. I'll call you some evening when I have a chance.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
She's only been riding trails for a year now and progressed pretty fast. But has reached a plateau on the skill front. I dont think she realizes how good these bikes will just plow through the roots. Been trying to find her some good one on one lessons, but that is hard to come by apparently...
I tried this for a while with Wifey. I had a good friend giving her recommendations on how to do things, he'd show her misc things that I told him she was having issues with, etc. Finally he got sick of it and told her to just listen to me because all of the stuff that he was telling her was stuff that I had helped him with. Once she realized how good I was/had been, she started listening.

I bet the same for you. Have some of your riding buddies help out with stuff in exchange for beer, then get them to point out that you are equal/faster than them and she should really be listening to you.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Just don't rush things.
My wife has done 99% of all her riding with me slowly teaching her. It's been frustrating at times early on, but she'll ride most things I ride now, just not as fast.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Evening e-shopping rampage for the new bike and to get Haley's finished. My stuff should be here by Friday for a ride this weekend. Haley's mid-next week latest. Maybe I can have it dialed before I leave for Whistler? :think:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hobbs and Shaw was pretty entertaining. I’m waiting for the final, 3rd post credits scene.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Streak is ending? Or did it already with the no-Trailforks-trails bit?
Yeah. I fear the karma of registration of the trails we enjoyed.

I know I’m a wiener and PB cant take that away from me!

Topped out at 42. Just the wrong 42....

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Evening e-shopping rampage for the new bike and to get Haley's finished. My stuff should be here by Friday for a ride this weekend. Haley's mid-next week latest. Maybe I can have it dialed before I leave for Whistler? :think:
That shopping rampage better damn we’ll have included VOLUME REDUCERS FOR YOUR FORK.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I am listening. I got spacers for both the front and the back so I can adjust them as needed. And I also got tires.
Pfew. Thought I was gonna have to punch you in the earlobe. I think you’ll wanna start with three additional spacers in that fork as a baseline.