Quantcast

***Sunderp GMT***

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
More Whistler today. It's supposed to rain today. I didn't bring my flats or appropriate shoes. I get to go buy some pedals today and maybe shoes, depending on whether I want to pull the cleats off my 5.10 clipless shoes and run those.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Gonna lay baseboard and some trim today, perhaps get our bed setup so we can sleep in our own space under a roof for the first time since last June.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Just walked the dogs out along the freshly mowed alfalfa fields. The duck hunters are out in force on the cosumnes river, at least 8 different groups firing shot guns. A very interesting sunrise to say the least. Coffee time.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Going to ride with the two elder kids in a bit. They shall alternate on the Mac Ride and their own-sized bikes.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
After crappy long hours all week and having to do work yesterday, a 2:20 phone call this morning was a delightful wakeup call.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Damn near impossible to find somewhere to get just bacon and f****** eggs in Whistler

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
More Whistler today. It's supposed to rain today. I didn't bring my flats or appropriate shoes. I get to go buy some pedals today and maybe shoes, depending on whether I want to pull the cleats off my 5.10 clipless shoes and run those.
You dont ride clips in the rain? Que?

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Shit, it’s getting serious.
Get all your family pictures and irreplaceable documents in a box and in your car. NOW. *IF* You have to evacuate, you may only have minutes. DO NOT fuck around if they tell you you need to leave. You will not have time to gather your irreplaceable items, it will already be too late when the order comes. In all likelihood you'll be fine, but do not risk it.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
It's not coming our way.
I have been through this before, thought we were going to lose the 7,000 Sq. Ft house we were living in a few years ago.
This is going due north.
After it burns all of the homes on the ridge, next is Spring Creek and Amangani, some of the most expensive homes and hotels in JH.
Hope it doesn't go that far.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Lunch break. Over shooting sub-A-Line trails, off to A-line afterwards. Second day of Top of the World today was fucking ripper.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Jackson’s on fire.
Bet it hits the news soon.
have there been other fires i have not heard about in wyoming/montana........it's the first day of september and it is the first i have heard about a fire...anywhere

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
went for a ride this morning. felt crappy. went for a hike with the fam. kids bitched and didn't even want to check out the cool rock features. drove around in golf carts. ate a lot of chips n salsa and tacos. drank a bunch of beers and various other drinks. 7/10 (?)

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Day's over. Only crash was a low speed fall into my elbow uphill. It didn't even tear my shirt. New bike is fucking awesome. Takes a bit to make it turn, so I'm getting used to leaning it way the fuck over, and making super wide turn entrances. Now used to the Maxxis Asegei tire up front and it's nice.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Day's over. Only crash was a low speed fall into my elbow uphill. It didn't even tear my shirt. New bike is fucking awesome. Takes a bit to make it turn, so I'm getting used to leaning it way the fuck over, and making super wide turn entrances. Now used to the Maxxis Asegei tire up front and it's nice.
Now that you're getting back up to speed come ride Mountain Lion with me once you're back.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Update: no structures were lost. Which is incredible, because eight of us watching together agree that we all saw a mansion burn.
I only know of a few smaller fires in the area, but conditions are PRIME for a big nasty scorcher. Bone dry, hot, and windy.